Hacking Acecard 2i/AK2i 3DS Hands-on Review

Lynne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard2i is one of the most popular NDS/NDSi flashcard and the world's first flashcard to support DSi console.It inherits the best quality of acekard's products.Additionally,the Acekard 2i team released AK2i 3DS Card,which can work DS mode on Nintedo 3DS.
I'm very excited to get the new acekard 2i 3ds and here is ak2i 3ds card hands-on review.

First,let's compare the package of Acekard 2i with Acekard 2i 3DS
Front of the package
9999.jpg

Back of the Package
2.jpg

Compare two cards
3.jpg

4.jpg

Back of the cards, which you can find the anti-fake code on the Acekard 2i 3DS.Tear the paper and enter the anti-fake code here to verify your card.

What's in the package
5.jpg

Ok, as you can see, there is a DSi(XL)&3DS mark on the left of the Acekard 2i 3DS package.You can distinguish the two cards according to the mark.Now, let's start reviewing.These are the things we need,well, the sd card and usb reader are not included in the package as well as the Nintendo 3ds (forgive my boring details),you should prepare it by yourself.

Things we need:
1.Nintendo 3DS
2.Acekard 2i for 3ds
3.Usb reader
4.SD card
6.jpg

Download the kernel
How to download the kernel for Acekard 2i 3DS
The latest kernel for Acekard 2i 3DS is AKAIO 1.8.6, you should download the kernel on acekard official website first.Below is the instruction with complete steps

1. Put your sd card into the card reader and connect the card reader with the computer.
2.Click here to download the Acekard 2i 3DS AKAIO 1.8.6 kernel.
3.You will get the AKAIO 1.8.6 kernel.rar file after the download has finished
4.Extract the file, and you will get the AKAIO 1.8.6 kernel folder. There are four files in the folder.
5.Copy the four files to your sd card (Notice: coply the four files instead of the whole folder)
6.Copy the game files to your sd card to test,here I used .So there will be 5 files in total.
7. Unplug the card reader from pc and put the sd card to Acekard 2i 3DS Flashcard
8.Plug the Acekard 2i 3DS Flashcard to the 3DS console and power on the 3DS.

Screenshot without Acekard 2i 3DS Flashcard
7.jpg

Insert SD Card to AK2i 3DS
8.jpg

Screenshot after I plug in the Acekard 2i 3DS Flashcard to 3DS
9.jpg

Click the Acekard 2i 3DS icon and login.
IMG_2711.jpg

Screenshot after Login
IMG_2712.jpg

Click the game and start playing
IMG_2714.jpg

Click the SD card icon and choose the game
IMG_2716.jpg

Moderator's addition:
http://3ds.freeblog.hu/archives/2011/05/10...up_for_the_3DS/

allpoison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man you got such a nice microsd reader. They gave me one of those mini usb readers, its like a few cm thick and a little over an inch long.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those cheap readers break within a few uses
anyone of them

I suggest buying a microsd to sd adapter or a sandisk mini m2/microsd usb adapter

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands

wuebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When loading the Acekard, there is a delay between the load of the card and change the way nds. The 3D light stays on for a while. At what point switches to nds? after reading the files on the card? If so would be a way to create a buffer overflow.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
wuebas said:
When loading the Acekard, there is a delay between the load of the card and change the way nds. The 3D light stays on for a while. At what point switches to nds? after reading the files on the card? If so would be a way to create a buffer overflow.
The cart doesnt run in 3D(S) mode.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lynne said:
Hi,Quincy
Sorry for the wrong section.I'm German,sorry for the grammar mistake.And I'm a girl, yes.
By the way.The blog http://3ds.freeblog.hu is mine.

If you're German and that is your website, then:
1 - Why is http://3ds.freeblog.hu/ Registered in Budapest, Hungary? (http://who.is/whois/freeblog.hu/)
2 - Why is http://3ds.freeblog.hu/ written in English (Most of it) and Hungarian (Next/Previous at the bottom, Article category names, etc), with no German anywhere on it?
3 - Since thw website is registered in Hungary, why did you select USA in your profile? It's not the first choice when registering.

EDITED number 3 with better wording.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
The flag isn't set by IP address, it's an indicator of the country they set on their profile.

Changed the wording then, it still leaves a question, and the other two. Please though, let HER answer the questions.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quincy said:

But the logo in the home screen (before you start the cart) is in 3D... how they do that?
yaynds.gif

Actually, before the 3DS firmware update, the logo was a logo of the ACTUAL AK2i CART spinning around in 3D. After the update it is some Japanese game cart that shows spinning. So... that function is some bada** stuff being done by the 3DS home menu itself

wuebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quincy said:
wuebas said:

yes, that's true. But when the time changes from 3ds nds mode to mode? This is important as it could be a case of the first instruction of firmware of flashcard is read in 3ds mode .

when you press the power button on the card, the card is no longer loaded and out of the way 3ds, even so some data is kept in memory?

M1dz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because she lives in Germany doesn't mean she have to registered her site to Germany. Maybe it's cheaper bah maybe she knows the language well.

And I also picked the wrong country flag...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.