Hacking Ace3DS X vs R4i Gold 3DS Plus

xIceex4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a N2DS XL yesterday with Pokémon Ultra Sun. So I've been researching over the past week before buying the console so I know I need to get a DS flashcart before I can add CFW to it. There's so many options to chose from and recently a lot have been coming out. But it seems my choices are between some variant of an R4 (probably R4i Gold 3DS Plus) or an Ace3DS X, I'm just not sure which of these people feel is better. I know the R4 requires being opened, but that doesn't bother me too much. I'm more worried about how the cart will perform for DS games. I have my old DS I could use it with too, since I heard the 3DS isn't the best for DS games, but I'm not sure if this is true. Do I also need a magnet if I use one of the carts, or just the Ace3DS X?

I'm also looking for suggestions on where to purchase a flashcart in the US, since the Ace3DS X is new and a little hard to find. I found a few sites but just want prior experience-based suggestions. I was probably going to use digitopz if I decide to get the Ace3DS X. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by xIceex4Life,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I got a N2DS XL yesterday with Pokémon Ultra Sun. So I've been researching over the past week before buying the console so I know I need to get a DS flashcart before I can add CFW to it. There's so many options to chose from and recently a lot have been coming out. But it seems my choices are between some variant of an R4 (probably R4i Gold 3DS Plus) or an Ace3DS X, I'm just not sure which of these people feel is better. I know the R4 requires being opened, but that doesn't bother me too much. I'm more worried about how the cart will perform for DS games. I have my old DS I could use it with too, since I heard the 3DS isn't the best for DS games, but I'm not sure if this is true. Do I also need a magnet if I use one of the carts, or just the Ace3DS X?

I'm also looking for suggestions on where to purchase a flashcart in the US, since the Ace3DS X is new and a little hard to find. I found a few sites but just want prior experience-based suggestions. I was probably going to use digitopz if I decide to get the Ace3DS X. Thanks for the help!
http://www.modchipsdirect.com/3ds-modchips.html
This is the only seller I know that actually ships within the US. I've used them and they're very good -- you shouldn't have to wait for more than 4-5 days. Chinese sellers will take 3-6 weeks this time of year but they are a little cheaper.
They've recently added more ntrboot cards including a dual card pack for $15 which is interesting.

vincentallen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digitopz.com sells the ACE3DS X and the R4i Gold 3DS Plus

They're also cheaper than everyone else as well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rjc1694

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to ask a similar question as OP: I want to buy a flashcard and I've decided for the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, as my priority is playing DS games rather than ntrboothax, and Ace3DS X fall behind in that regard with its outdated WoodR4.

Thing is, I want to know if R4i Gold 3DS Plus has the same ds features as R4i GOLD 3DS RTS. The description on nds-card(dot)com say that "R4I GOLD 3DS PLUS is same as R4I GOLD 3DS RTS card, You can think they are the same card, they have the same functions". But in the reviews I've seen so far nobody mentions RTS features on the new Gold 3DS Plus, for example, so I've been concerned about that. Is the only difference between this two cards the ntrboothax switch the 3DS Gold Plus has? If that's the case, there is no reason to buy a R4i GOLD 3DS RTS anymore, right?

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I want to ask a similar question as OP: I want to buy a flashcard and I've decided for the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, as my priority is playing DS games rather than ntrboothax, and Ace3DS X fall behind in that regard with its outdated WoodR4.

Thing is, I want to know if R4i Gold 3DS Plus has the same ds features as R4i GOLD 3DS RTS. The description on nds-card(dot)com say that "R4I GOLD 3DS PLUS is same as R4I GOLD 3DS RTS card, You can think they are the same card, they have the same functions". But in the reviews I've seen so far nobody mentions RTS features on the new Gold 3DS Plus, for example, so I've been concerned about that. Is the only difference between this two cards the ntrboothax switch the 3DS Gold Plus has? If that's the case, there is no reason to buy a R4i GOLD 3DS RTS anymore, right?
Yes, the R4i Gold Plus is a superset of the R4i Gold.
I have an ace like clone and it runs anything flawlessly, but it has no RTS.

xIceex4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had no idea about that. I'll probably get an R4i then.

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For playing ds games, R4i gold 3ds plus is much better and if you are looking for a site who supports shipping from USA, 3ds-flashcard is the answer, just one thing, don't choose free shipping if you place an order, so your card can be from America not overseas.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@zoogie do you know any that ship the Ace3DS X to UK?
Many online flashcard stores can do that but not every of them can ship from UK, I think the latter is you are looking for.

Reactions: xIceex4Life

xIceex4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For playing ds games, R4i gold 3ds plus is much better and if you are looking for a site who supports shipping from USA, 3ds-flashcard is the answer, just one thing, don't choose free shipping if you place an order, so your card can be from America not overseas.

I actually did end up ordering the R4i Gold 3DS Plus from 3ds-flashcard on Saturday. They said it shipped on Monday from the California distribution and I'm in Washington so hopefully it won't be too long.

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did end up ordering the R4i Gold 3DS Plus from 3ds-flashcard on Saturday. They said it shipped on Monday from the California distribution and I'm in Washington so hopefully it won't be too long.
Don't worry, my R4 card is delivered after 4 days, but I bought the card on Monday. You ordered on a weekend, so they couldn't ship you immediately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey