Hacking Ace3DS Team released a hybrid card that comes with a 3DS rom

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
So basically its just a ''3DS flashcard'' where you can only run one 3DS rom at the time, correct?

Nope.
As far as I can tell, they put the chip from an actual 3DS in the cartridge and then ship it to you. And then you are stuck with that one game. That is why it is a bootleg.
Details are not certain, but that is the impression I get.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread got waaay too many posts in such a short amount of time... I recommend another change in thread title to

"Ace3DS team releases bootleg card"

Wow.. 6 pages, and I only went to draw one picture in Colors on the 3DS...

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the save dongle currently requires you to take apart and ruin a ds game. The 3ds game cards don't fit in the current dongle. At least I seen post about this a million times on the temp.

Nem needs to get off is moral high horse. He's wasting his time trying to block pirates. Once his exploit is release and figured out, someone(s) will just replace it one day with his lock outs removed. And it could only take a homebrew channel with no such lockouts/blocks.

no it doesnt
the Save dongle requires a PC with a USB port and thats it
fits in the slot perfect
2af5d644c8cabd8e3b3b254c4f432d9f.image.300x223.jpg

for cheap ass people not wanting a dongle you take out the inside of a 3DS card and put it in a DS one

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hmm.. ok, so if you ARE stuck with this ONE game, because they take out the chip from the 3ds game and put it in the flashcard or whatever... does that mean that they will need to buy a retail copy of the game (baseball game, whatever) and buy a new one for each flashcard? surely not...

if this one game IS permanent, then 'at least' they are able to flash it onto 'non retail' chips etc, and hmm... i'm not saying every 3ds cart is the same, but i would assume most are similar, and if they are flashing the game onto a chip, then why is it not possible for the chip to be REflashable...

because really... they cannot be buying a retail copy of the game for every flashcart right? that is crazy...
maybe i have misunderstood something..

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm.. ok, so if you ARE stuck with this ONE game, because they take out the chip from the 3ds game and put it in the flashcard or whatever... does that mean that they will need to buy a retail copy of the game (baseball game, whatever) and buy a new one for each flashcard? surely not...

if this one game IS permanent, then 'at least' they are able to flash it onto 'non retail' chips etc, and hmm... i'm not saying every 3ds cart is the same, but i would assume most are similar, and if they are flashing the game onto a chip, then why is it not possible for the chip to be REflashable...

because really... they cannot be buying a retail copy of the game for every flashcart right? that is crazy...

We are still waiting on solid details. Whatshisnose (no, not actual name) says he is going to message someone on the team about it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

"Similar" is not "the exact same". AP in games is built to detect even minor differences.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo is going to be shocked that Nippon Professional Baseball's popularity is going to sky rocket in the West. Go Hanshin Tigers.

Reactions: hhs

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I gather this card basically contains:
1) a regular NDS flashcard (ace3DS)
2) components/chips of one 3DS game.
so basically you have a 3DS game chip and an NDS flashcart into one cartridge.
and you switch between the two with a tiny physical switch.
(I edited the thread title since this isn't actually a 3DS flashcart)

is this interesting? I don't think this is interesting at all, since you can't apparently change/flash the 3DS game.

that's downright counterfeiting here (a bootleg 3DS game). I would stay away from this as much as possible.

I just can not understand why so many people are interested with this news.
This team just put the chip of a 3ds game(Nippon Professional Baseball) into a flashcard, which can not be flashed at all.
I'm sure you will be very dissapointed with this card when you get it.
It's also sure that this card will become a joke.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this there gonna release with one game just to see how the hybird sells

Then when the fully working 3ds flashcard come out BAM there first with the hybirds

I find it hard to understand what you are saying...

I just can not understand why so many people are interested with this news.
This team just put the chip of a 3ds game(Nippon Professional Baseball) into a flashcard, which can not be flashed at all.
I'm sure you will be very dissapointed with this card when you get it.
It's also sure that this card will become a joke.

Because so little is known about the cart that people assume the 3DS chip can be flashed as many times as necessary.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it hard to understand what you are saying...

Because so little is known about the cart that people assume the 3DS chip can be flashed as many times as necessary.
This is only a test then when the 3ds flashcards come out they are the ones geting the sales with the first 3ds flash card ds flashcard hybrid

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll see in a few hours. I'm sure it might be a while until anything is released.

-The game they are using has only been released in Japan, so this isn't a very likely candidate for a release. (If it's a 1:1 copy region lock will come into effect.) Making me think this a proof of concept sort of deal.
-I don't see how a user would flash a 3DS ROM into the device. So far it has the teeth, Micro SD card slot, and a switch.
-I have talked to the Team before about this before. (Before they produced this video, and the same time the Crown3DS was still *news*.

I'm going to search for that text log I posted on here from them.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this there gonna release with one game just to see how the hybird sells

Then when the fully working 3ds flashcard come out BAM there first with the hybirds
this is dumb

this card is a scam your buying a useless device that is easy to block if not already your better off with a dstwo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/