Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to 3DS

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5th if you include iOS, think I read in japan it got a pc release too so maybe even 6th

I did forget those versions, crap.
the nnid actually restricts the games you can play? separately from the parental controls?
Sadly yes. If your NNID has you registered as under 18, it won't even let you look at M rated stuff on the E-Shop, Carts are fine though

Reactions: cearp

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why they wouldn't have Apollo Justice in this collection as well. It makes a world of difference in the lead up to Dual Destinies.

Not to get hopes up but there could always be a second collection which includes Apollo and the 2 investigation games, wild shot but you never know

Reactions: TyBlood13

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
What makes you think Capcom will remaster the game?
sorry, i thought the point of them being released for 3ds is that they are updated a little, at least made 3D. (that is what i meant by remaster)
aren't they ds games (which were gba games or whatever originally), but, weren't they ds games and they are being brought to 3ds?

edit- here, from the source
According to Famitsu, the first three games will be in stereoscopic 3D

that is what makes me thing they will remaster/update/3D-ize the games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, i thought the point of them being released for 3ds is that they are updated a little, at least made 3D. (that is what i meant by remaster)
aren't they ds games (which were gba games or whatever originally), but, weren't they ds games and they are being brought to 3ds?

edit- here, from the source

that is what makes me thing they will remaster/update/3D-ize the games.

Repaying for a game in 3D is by far one of the dumbest excuses out there. The 3D on the 3DS is pretty shit too.

Odds are the collection will be cheaper than buying all 3 games on the DS and it's all on one cart instead of 3 but still, at this point I think people who have wanted to play Ace Attorney already have.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Repaying for a game in 3D is by far one of the dumbest excuses out there. The 3D on the 3DS is pretty shit too.

Odds are the collection will be cheaper than buying all 3 games on the DS and it's all on one cart instead of 3 but still, at this point I think people who have wanted to play Ace Attorney already have.
sure, but it still counts as being remastered/updated/changed etc, that is all i was trying to get across to the other guy.
as in, it's not just 3 banged on a ds cart, it is for 3ds.

and well, i really enjoyed ocarina of time on my 3ds, i think the 3d effect is pretty cool :) i don't really need an excuse to play a game... ha

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope they properly tie the second game to the first one this time around. When I first played JFA I was a bit confused why it made no reference to 1-5 until I read that 1-5 was added in the DS rerelease.
Near impossible. The proper way to tie in Gyakuten Saiban 1 and 2 in the way that you're analyzing is to actually remove Episode 1-5. But since it was a extra added by the DS version, and some characters reappear at Apollo Justice (the 4th game) it's likely that this episode are going to be in this new re-release and as episode 1-5 as well.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Near impossible. The proper way to tie in Gyakuten Saiban 1 and 2 in the way that you're analyzing is to actually remove Episode 1-5. But since it was a extra added by the DS version, and some characters reappear at Apollo Justice (the 4th game) it's likely that this episode are going to be in this new re-release and as episode 1-5 as well.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. What I meant was that before I realized 1-5 was added to the DS version at that time, I was confused about how JFA acted like 1-5 never happened. Since they are attempting to attract newcomers to the series, I am hoping they fix this little plot hole by including references to 1-5. They only have to change the dialogue a little bit. I can understand why they didn't do it the first time though since they never really intended for AJ to be a continuity of the series until stuff happened.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

odds are if we get the collection the collection at all it wont be on a cart but as digital download only, no reason to release a cart of a 3d ios game of a remastered ds game of a gba port game if they didnt released the cart of a completely new game.

the new game costed only 25 euros so this compilation wont be more than 20 euros

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's to hoping it comes to the US as a retail box and it's not M-rated for some stupid reason (For us fans dumb enough to not lie about age with NNID).

And that AA4 gets the 3D treatment as well

EDIT: Just realized this is the 6th release of the trilogy (GBA, DS, Wii, iOS, PC & now 3DS)
PC?
Point me in the direction of the release, will ya?
As far as I know, a PC version doesn't exist.

Edit: It pays to read through the thread first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: