Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Demo announced for August 25th

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Aug 11, 2016.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    PWAA_Spirit_of_Justice_Trucy_Art_1470903709.png
    Game Infos

2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Sweet! I still needa get into the series sometime.

3. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Urgh, I suppose I need to drag myself to finish AA5. That game is soooo bad though :(

nxwing, Chary, Sinon and 2 others like this.
  4. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    Yes! I'm so fucking excited for this! Can't wait :D

5. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria
    Under your fucking chair.
    Woohoo! I hope the cutscenes are longer in this one. =3

Feeling it! likes this.
  6. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I liked it more than any other game of the series (and I had already played every game).

What's wrong about it?

7. raulpica

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    I started playing it after an Ace Attorney 1-4 marathon. I never liked 4, it just doesn't feel as tight as the others but still, it's a good game when compared to 5. It's just that AA5 feels slow, the characters are uninteresting and they just flaunt their gimmicks at you (there are SO many animations now that every single dialog is just painful) to cover for the fact that they've got zero depth.

It just feels like a bad AA - I didn't have such a bad time with an Ace Attorney game since playing AA: Investigations. I'm still not sure how I managed to finish it. That game was total crap - also, I did start AA2, but just seeing the cringe-worthy intro made me desist from going further than that.

It seems like Capcom has lost their touch after AA4.

Tomato Hentai, Feeling it! and Chary like this.
  8. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    Is it that bad ? I have it on my 3DS but I must admit I only finished the first trial (which is pretty much a tutorial, and when you've played the others games in the serie it's pretty much always the same thing) And a bit off topic, but did you try Ace Attorney Vs. Professor Layton ?

MrJason005 likes this.
  9. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Well, you got a point there.

It was the same for me. Played AA1-AA4 and then AA5, it didn't feel bad at all. It had way better gameplay. While the dialogues aren't the best ones in the series, I felt really intrigued at some points.

I understand what you say, though.

I liked it, anyway, a lot more than Apollo Justice, at least.

10. raulpica

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    Even finishing the first case felt like a chore. Maybe the fact that they wanted to go with 3D graphics didn't help - I really miss the old, clean 2D graphics. Animations were way quicker that way.

Not yet, but I think I'm definitely gonna like it more than AA5 :P

Feeling it! and Friendsxix like this.
  11. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    Yeah I totally understand, the 3D gives some kind of eerie feeling to the game...

Friendsxix and raulpica like this.
  12. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    Am I the only one that really enjoyed Apollo Justice? :(
    Sure, it felt weird at first (because you don't play as Phoenix and because of *spoilers*). But once you think about it, they pulled it off rather well. The only thing that sucks about it is that they forgot about the mom after that game. I kind of want to know what happens to her and if her children ever found out (trying to be as vague as possible to avoid spoiling it).

keven3477 and MrJason005 like this.
  13. lolz5521

lolz5521 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2015
    Indonesia
    i prefer apollo justice than dual destinies. dual destinies's story just too cheesy and boring to me. and i love the turnabout serenade case on apollo justice. dem plot twist

14. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I like that the chapters of AA games connect with each other, especially those in AA5. The only 'boring-ish' AA game for me probably is AA2. Also I can't stand Franziska for some reason.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  15. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    This news makes me happy....in my pants.

Seriously though, I didn't realize the release was so close....in my pants.

But for real, this is great news. Huge fan of the series, more is always welcome, hyped for the demo and already have cash set aside for the minute 1 purchase. Assuming I can free up any space. I've gone a bit mental with my eShop purchases in recent months and my 32GB MSD card is pretty much full.

16. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    Playing a marathon might have a little to do with it too..? I only have Layton vs. PW left to finish, other than that I've played trough all of them... and by the end of - I belive - everyone of those games I just longed for the game to be over. Same thing with Layton, but those games get tedious way earlier.

17. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Probably because the writer for the series, Shu Takumi, was busy making Ghost Trick, and the fact that he didn't want AA4 to have Phoenix in it at all. Capcom disagreed, and railroaded him into writing Phoenix in the story, and basically rewrote half of Takumi's plot. In 5/Dual Destinies, Capcom ousted Takumi entirely, and the story was written by someone else in-house. People say Justice For All had some slow and painful cases moments, but, ugh, 5 takes the cake. At least I can take solace that in 6, Maya is back.

18. Feeling it!

Feeling it! Pure Logical Feels.

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Running.
    I felt like the first AA game was one of the best since it was not cliche with tying in EVERY-SINGLE-CASE-into the last one.........
    I liked the first miles edgeworth game but cant find an english version of the second one......

19. raulpica

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    Playing a marathon lets you compare the game with a fresh memory, sometimes too much time passes between playing one episode and the other that you end up forgetting how good the first ones were compared to the later ones.

I wished that for some cases in 2 and 4, and well, the first case in 5 as well :P

Yeah, I know about that. I'm sure it's exactly for that reason that I don't like the AA games anymore. Takumi was brilliant, and if even part of 4 was his, that explains why it's still better than 5.

I've recently replayed JFA and the only case which was "ugh why so slow" was the circus one. The rest were pretty good, and the last one rocks. Except for a few dead moments in the earlier parts of the case.

I actually quite like how almost every case tied into each other in the original trilogy. It made even the most boring case interesting, if only for what it meant in the big picture.

Then you will like this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ace-attorney-investigation-2-prosecutors-path-final-release.367451/

Feeling it! likes this.
  20. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    I have enjoyed all ace attorneys so far and I cant wait for this one. However anyone here thinks that adding magic (séances) might make things different.