Ace Attorney Investigations French Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by GeekShadow, Feb 22, 2010.

Feb 22, 2010
  1. GeekShadow
    OP

Member GeekShadow GBAtemp Fan

France
    I remember I cannot wait for this game, now I have it and I'm on the third case it's very great [​IMG]

I also remember the french translation of the three firsts game being a disaster... grammatical errors, stupid errors ...
    Now Capcom dediced to drop translation, including italia and germany :/

I'm very interested to help translating the game in french, I already did translate some software like musikCube or Songbird so why not a game ?

So first things first :
    We need tools to unpack the game, and to be able to translate strings, I know these tools exists but I can't remember where to get it...
    next we can start on the Rom : DS #4698: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Europe)

Some rules :
    It would be great to keep names from originals character in the Phoenix Trilogy including Apollo Justice (borginia [​IMG])

About, project we can manage it on a site like Google Code (cool for svn, reporting bugs and other stuff).

Should we continue this thread in french ? [​IMG]

2. Getting_Better

Newcomer Getting_Better Advanced Member

Canada
    I think it'd be wonderful for it to be translated into French. I'm learning French at the moment, and it's always good to get exposure to the language!

3. rizzod

Member rizzod Not a New Member

Australia
  4. xvirus

Member xvirus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As far as I know, PWSE won't work with this game. I've already done some digging around in it, and the script is stored differently. In this game, all of the scripts are in overlay files which PWSE can't do anything with.

5. yuki001

Newcomer yuki001 Newbie

Hong Kong
    I can help if you want. Je suis parfaitement bilingue Francais et Anglais. Mais je n'ai jamais eu l'occasion de traduire un jeu video (seulement des scans de manga). Je suis partante pour traduire ce jeu que j'apprecie enormement [​IMG]

6. Tetram

Member Tetram GBAtemp Regular

France
    There is some teams already working on it : you can see here :
    http://aai-fr.blogspot.com/

Je ne pense pas que ce soit dans notre intérêt de se disperser (ceci dit, la team en question n'a pas l'ai pressée)

(I don't think it's good to have too many project at the same time - however the current one seems to take its time...)

7. Daviex

Member Daviex GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I want work on this project, but i can help with extract, but i want to translate to Italian Patch.

Tell me...

8. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    What i know about the romfile.bin:

4 bytes Header Size
    4 bytes padding
    4 bytes offset to start of first file
    4 bytes offset to start of second file

at the start of every file you can find 4 bytes filesize.

Haven´t looked after the text but i guess it´s compressed or encrypted.

9. StorMyu

Member StorMyu "I'm too old for this"

France
    Commence par aller repéré ce que tu as besoin en utilisant CrystalTile2 la plupart des jeux Nds ont un format ASCII fixé pour la table donc tu devrais trouver probablement quelques choses et si le texte est compressé, CrystalTile2 a un décompresseur LZ77 ce qui est la compression habituel pour tout jeux DS

Si tu as encore besoin d'aide ou d'autre indication
    pm ou écrit ici ^^

(English Translation)
    "Start by going to find what you need to using CrystalTile2, the majority of NDS games have a fixed ASCII format for the table, so you probably should find some things, and if the text is compressed, CrystalTile2 has a LZ77 decompressor, which (LZ77) is the usual compression for all the DS games.

If you still need help or other indications, (send a) pm or write here"

10. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Hey guys, from the Rules:

We are an English speaking community. Please post in legible English ONLY.

If you're going to post in another language, please have an accurate translation so everyone can understand.

Please edit your posts to english or add the english translations, or they will be deleted.

Thanks. [​IMG]

11. Aurora Wright

Member Aurora Wright GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    "Start by going to find what you need to using CrystalTile2, the majority of NDS games have a fixed ASCII format for the table, so you probably should find some things, and if the text is compressed, CrystalTile2 has a LZ77 decompressor, which (LZ77) is the usual compression for all the DS games.

If you still need help or other indications, (send a) pm or write here"

12. Tychon

Newcomer Tychon Member

Canada
    I believe I have gotten somewhere with one of the overlays. Except I used Romhacking.net's advice and used Search Relative 3. Here are some values from overlay_0170.bin:

0B - 1E --> G - Z (Probably; I found a pattern with the lower case letters that seem to indicate they work in this order).

25 - 3D --> a - y

The words are separated by character 59 which looks like ".".

Quick note: character 48 is used for the apostrophe.

And the other characters are probably for strange stuff, pointers and other things for the system.

My only issue is what to do about things like umlauts and eszetts; the French translation probably has a similar issue though, as you need accents.

13. GeekShadow
    OP

Member GeekShadow GBAtemp Fan

France
    Seems like they have enough translators, I will see how goes the project from outside [​IMG]

14. Aurora Wright

Member Aurora Wright GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Which program did you use to extract romfile.bin?

15. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    If someone starts an open project, I would be happy to help.

16. Tychon

Newcomer Tychon Member

Canada
    I followed the instructions on http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=457. I didn't extract romfile.bin, I got the values from the overlays, which should have been extracted when you extract the original .nds file.

Additional notes: The capital letters are not what they seem. "I", for example, is represented by O, and some of them are preceded by additional characters like "

17. xvirus

Member xvirus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here is a table file I made for the game http://www.mediafire.com/?1yyd3iotnij With this, you should be able to view all of the dialogue in the overlay files. I've tried editing them and it works just fine. I put a few of the control codes that I figured out in the table as well these are

FF04=¶ Goes to the next page of dialogue
    FF05=? Pauses the text writing. The FF05 is followed by a byte which defines how long to pause( 00 = no pause, FF = really long pause)
    FF07=? Moves the text over. The FF07 is followed by a byte which defines how far to move to the right.
    FE=? Newline character

18. Tychon

Newcomer Tychon Member

Canada
    I am starting a project on translating it into German. Except my thread isn't receiving attention, so I jumped over here. I already have some help from someone who knows German a bit better than me, but more team members wouldn't be a bad idea, as well as more people who have a bit more experience with hacking.

And overlay_0194.bin contains the episode lists.

19. Kay Faraday

Newcomer Kay Faraday Newbie

Germany

I'm from Germany. That means I could help you with translating the game into German, if you wouldn't mind. I already wanted to start a translations and now I just came across with your post. So, here's my question: Could I help you with translating AAI:ME into German?

20. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Sorry to stray alittle off topic but why are you guys talking about a german translation in a french translation thread? ;x