Ace Attorney heading to WiiWare!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember a while back when there was news that Ace Attorney was going to the Wii? Well, here's both A) further confirmation, B) it's WiiWare!, and C) It's hitting North America. I don't think this is old news, is it?

QUOTE said:
Capcom is charting new territory for the Ace Attorney series. Famitsu has first details this week on downloadable WiiWare versions of the first three entries in the series. This will be the first time the series has appeared on consoles.

In Japan, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney will hit on December 15, priced at 900 WiiPoints. Justice for All will follow on January 26, with Trials and Tribulations coming on February 23. The latter two are 1,200 WiiPoints.

Why the different pricing? The first Ace Attorney is actually missing the Rise From the Ashes scenario that was added for its DS remake. This scenario will be offered as a separate download on March 16, priced at 300 WiiPoints.

It's unclear at present how the downloadable versions will differ from their DS counterparts. Except, of course, that you'll be playing them on the big screen.

Capcom has not yet announced these WiiWare releases for territories outside of Japan. We'll be on the lookout for any news.

Update: Capcom has now confirmed a U.S. release for these three games. The first episode will arrive in January, the second in March, and the final in May. Each will set you back $10.

Source

I never really cared much for Phoenix Wright and adventure games in total (pure adventure games, not action adventure ones), but it's quite popular to you guys.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to get this...until I read this.

QUOTE said:
The first game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, is a port of the original Game Boy Advance title -- and, like the two subsequent WiiWare editions, Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations, remains unchanged from its original release (read: same graphics, sound, dialog) save for the ability to swing the Wii Remote out (as in the image above, which is one-off, non-sprite art) to object and present evidence to the court. They'll all be presented in widescreen, but the actual gameplay only takes up a 4:3 area on top of an animated background. Nevertheless, the games are still superb, and at $10 with the ability to play them on the big screen you won't hear any objections from us.

Screenshot here

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for any kind of ace attorney on wii and I will take this awesome game series anyway I can get it!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
YayMii said:

QUOTE said:
The first game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, is a port of the original Game Boy Advance title -- and, like the two subsequent WiiWare editions, Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations, remains unchanged from its original release (read: same graphics, sound, dialog) save for the ability to swing the Wii Remote out (as in the image above, which is one-off, non-sprite art) to object and present evidence to the court. They'll all be presented in widescreen, but the actual gameplay only takes up a 4:3 area on top of an animated background. Nevertheless, the games are still superb, and at $10 with the ability to play them on the big screen you won't hear any objections from us.

Screenshot here
What the? I can't believe this. We could've seen some sweet high-res artwork, instead we get UPSCALED 240x160px sprites? This is madness, Capcom.

Madness, I tell ya. I'm gonna play these, but surely not gonna buy them
smileipb2.png

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:

QUOTE said:

Screenshot here
Fixed screenshot link...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
so i guess those who dont have a DS should play this game... or those who didnt play this low-end computer requirement game

Well, you can get this game for $12 and instantly compared to going to a store or paying in excess of $20 for it online. Not to mention it's on a big screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it