• Likes 1

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wait, what? You mean rated M for Mature?

Are they out of their minds? They're going to sink a good portion of the sales - overprotective mommies won't buy this game for their Nintenyearold kids! :angry:

(On a serious note though, I love Ace Attorney and played each and every one that was translated so far - this rating is pretty surprising to say the least.)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy April Fool's Day from soulx

Wait, what the fuck!? Is this a fucking joke? I don't think this is right at all, please, I've played far worse. :(

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, what? You mean rated M for Mature?

Are they out of their minds? They're going to sink a good portion of the sales - overprotective mommies won't buy this game for their Nintenyearold kids! :angry:

(On a serious note though, I love Ace Attorney and played each and every one that was translated so far - this rating is pretty surprising to say the least.)

Its download only.
Overprotective mommies wont even know. They'll just buy Ninendo store points for their kids and be left at that.

But yep. Still waaaaaay excited.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thats bizarre, but honestly, I'm all about, I love the Ace Attorney series, I'm interested to see what could make it an M rated game. Maybe there's a rape or brutal murder trial?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seeing as the 3DS has better graphics than the DS, I guess they can make crime scenes more appear more violent, and well, while in the previous games there was even censoring for wine, being called grape juice (I always lol when I read the spilled grape juice part. z.z). I guess they can be more open and allow for more darker crimes this way, although they will lose some sales (but then again, I don't know anyone under 15 that plays games like these nowadays).

This rating is giving me even higher hopes for the game.

Edit: After reading the text in the video... Seems like Wright got involved in a crime or died? And Apollo is investigating? Most likely he'll show up alive and his death wasn't real... Or so I think.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
This should be interesting if we are actually getting really mature and dark themes in the game. It may also have something to do with better graphics as earlier games were mostly scenes and items and now we have full 3D enviroments.
As it's download only I'm almost certain most people are harcore fans of series and that may also be why they aren't releasing physical copies as they would fail becouse of high age rating.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little surprised that it got an M rating but O well won't stop me from picking it up when its released. Famitsu gave it a 37/40 which is pretty good although I know a lot of people who think Famitsu scores are bit too nice/forgiving. Either way I am getting it no matter what.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well according to the rating, its for: Violence, blood, suggestive themes, and language.

Sounds to me like there will perhaps be some sort of gore-y scenes, swearing, and sexual allusions.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just googled it and a bunch of websites said Famitsu gave it that score. The one that comes to mind is polygon.com although I honestly don't know how accurate they are here is the link I found.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/17/4530972/japan-review-check-ace-attorney-5-dragons-crown

Edit: I don't know if you were commenting on mine if not Never mind.

I think he meant the ESRB rating website, you can search any game and see exactly why they get the rating. It's pretty funny to see them explain them, sometimes. :P

esrb.org

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...