Ace Attorney Dual Destinies Gateway ROM

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by zb123, Oct 26, 2013.

1. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    Is it going to be possible to get a ROM for Ace Attorney Dual Destinies that works with the Gateway even though it is an eshop only title?

To clarify, I mean a backup ROM that I own to be used in either of my 3ds systems.

2. TackyPie

TackyPie GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    United States
    I dont thinks so. I think retail and eshop titles are two different formats.

3. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    Damn, well at least with emuNAND I can at least run it on one system with Gateway.

4. elunesgrace

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    I am against this game being available as a ROM. We want to support the devs otherwise they might not port over the next one.

Yepi69, Ammako, Dartz150 and 8 others like this.
  5. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    I wonder if the eshop files could be decrypted, and transported into the Japanese release, which does have a rom.

MrXela and yondaiime like this.
  6. Rinth

Rinth GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2013
    New Zealand
    My understanding is that eshop files cannot be decrypted, since each 3DS has a unique key. I suppose this means that until 3DS is hacked, it's impossible to decrypt eshop files. The good news is that with Gateway 2.0, it should be possible to buy the game via eshop even with Gateway. It's cheaper than retail titles and costs only $30 I think.

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    A backup of a digital-only game? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

No, eShop games have yet to be hacked. Will they ever? Who knows. Even with Gateway 2.0, you still have to pay for the game.

8. robo989
    This message by robo989 has been removed from public view by Depravo, Oct 27, 2013, Reason: That's not likely to help the conversation, is it?.
    Oct 27, 2013
  9. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Somebody have said that if somebody backup NAND with this game installed, then he can share that NAND image. Not very handy, though.

10. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    I'm actually not kidding when I say a backup. I would like to have backups that are independent of Nintendo's eshop, as odd as that may sound to you.

11. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    We can't even dump DSi-eShop games, I doubt 3DS ones will be coming anytime soon.

porkiewpyne likes this.
  12. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Back up your SD and you are done.

13. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    That game is still bound to the tickets ON the 3DS itself.

if he looses/breaks the 3DS the SD is useless.

pelago likes this.
  14. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    If that happens, not only his save file would be lost...

15. Relf

Relf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2010
    Canada
    That's a very interesting idea. What'll happen if you do a system transfer of content on a NAND emulated 3DS?

16. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    How are we supposed to know if it hasn't been released yet? It probably won't work since it seems that the transfer system app resets the console before doing anything else, but I'm hoping it will work somehow.

17. pelago

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
    The shared NAND image will only work on the console that it was dumped on.

18. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    Technically speaking there is “Gyakuten Saiban 5” ROM, but you’ll have to know japanese to play it.

19. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    eShop hacking (if ever) will be the LAST thing to come, after all kinds of other hacks will be done.

20. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    We might see a ROM release of Ace eventually......it probably depends on how well it sells. Capcom has been a little weak in their Nintendo support lately and that is why they put this out eShop only (didn't want to pay for the cost of physical publishing and distribution). A few other games that came to the USA eShop only were actually released in ROM format for the EU territorries. So I think if the demand is high for Ace then maybe Capcom considers putting it to cartridge because it will be able to reach a much larger market (eShop use is way up but still less than 50% of the installed base buy digital). At any rate if you want it once we get EmuNand I woud get online pronto and buy it because I imagine once EmuNand comes out Nintendo will have a new firmware within weeks (or less) and then you will be locked out of eShop again. I am actually one of those crazy, money wasting bastards who just has 2 3DS so getting eShop is not that big of a deal for me and I am waiting for it to go on sale before I pick it up.

21. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen, I ordered my gateway a couple days ago and shipping from China is abysmally slow, so by the time I get a chance Nintendo will have released an update again. But won't we be able to just update the emuNAND again?