Hacking Accidentally updated system. Someone PLEASE tell me there is something I can do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Norristown, PA and just wanted to let you know that the Toys R Us by King of Prussia mall has TONS of the Blue/Black XL models, all of them dated 2012 with a serial of SW12xxxxx. So these should be on 4.4 or 4.5 fw and exploitable. If things don't work out with the downgrading, you can easily find a new one that will work with Gateway. Good luck!

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are more picking on the simple fact that he states that the 3ds is now useless, which is by far the truth. First world problems.

Oh come on, now. Are you really arguing semantics? For someone on the 3DS Hacking and Homebrew section on GBATemp.net, clearly his intent wasn't the literal meaning of the word. It's useless for using the Gateway. Did you really not read between the lines?

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

arlips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can find a way to drive to Rhode Island I have the soldering skills to mod it for free as long as there's a guide. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

Reactions: IronClouds

justinwebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh come on, now. Are you really arguing semantics? For someone on the 3DS Hacking and Homebrew section on GBATemp.net, clearly his intent wasn't the literal meaning of the word. It's useless for using the Gateway. Did you really not read between the lines?
No he meant it exactly the way I stated as he said in a post on the previous page that he has no job and no way to make money so he cant buy games, so his 3ds is as he stated "useless"

reading comprehension > you

I find this thread quite amusing and also quite pathetic.

Reactions: 59672

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No he meant it exactly the way I stated as he said in a post on the previous page that he has no job and no way to make money so he cant buy games, so his 3ds is as he stated "useless"

reading comprehension > you

I find this thread quite amusing and also quite pathetic.
Dude, you are disrespectful calling the thread I made pathetic. What is your problem? All I wanted to do is ask for help and everyone here put my hopes back up but you and another idiot.
I thank everyone who helped me with this cause you guys. I have just arranged my item to be sent to aliak11 for downgrading and a usbport mini job. thank you all so very much!

Reactions: gamesquest1

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I just tried to redeem a download code. I tried to open eshop and then it directed me to an updated then updated. I will have no use for my 3ds now at all. Is there something I could possibly do...
Honestly it will be easier for you to sell your system on eBay and buy a new one that is 4.5.. It will cost you only a little out of pocket

I read it that he now has a paper weight because he can't use gateway. No semantics about it. He thinks the 3ds is worthless without piracy

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread can be closed I have gotten the help I need and I once again thank you guys :)
No need for this irrelevant discussion other people in this thread are yanking out of the blue.

Reactions: Foxi4

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I love how the white knight anti-pirates eventually visit threads like these to give their useless opinions. Yes, some people love to pirate. Fucking deal with it.

#ontopic Glad to see you're gonna get this straightened out, OP! Make sure to post updates on your situation in this thread, as I'm sure the non-douchebag, non anti-pirates in this thread would like to see how this goes for you too. :)

This is how i deal with it, by calling them thief's and making fun of their need to pirate in the first place. A dirty thief is just that scum, i can't stop them but i will make them feel like shit about it. I don't care how young the kid is, it's never alright to steal simple as that. I guess it's hard for you to believe that there are good people out there that actually want to support the game industry instead of just steal everything. I love the argument " o don't be jealous you don't have a gateway, lol i choose not to pirate not to steal and you choose that you would who's the scum here? he thinks the 3DS is worthless without the ability to pirate PLEASE give you're 3DS to some good hearted child to make use of legally, thief's don't diserve shit.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love how the white knight anti-pirates eventually visit threads like these to give their useless opinions. Yes, some people love to pirate. Fucking deal with it.

#ontopic Glad to see you're gonna get this straightened out, OP! Make sure to post updates on your situation in this thread, as I'm sure the non-douchebag, non anti-pirates in this thread would like to see how this goes for you too. :)

There's a fine line between pirating games as you dont wish to blindly throw away cash on devs and refusing to buy any games and demanding being spoonfed. There are things like google or the search function on gbatemp for a reason.

Reactions: Skelletonike

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how i deal with it, by calling them thief's and making fun of their need to pirate in the first place. A dirty thief is just that scum, i can't stop them but i will make them feel like shit about it. I don't care how young the kid is, it's never alright to steal simple as that. I guess it's hard for you to believe that there are good people out there that actually want to support the game industry instead of just steal everything. I love the argument " o don't be jealous you don't have a gateway, lol i choose not to pirate not to steal and you choose that you would who's the scum here? he thinks the 3DS is worthless without the ability to pirate PLEASE give you're 3DS to some good hearted child to make use of legally, thief's don't diserve shit.

This is extremely petty and low, and I feel bad for people like you. Have fun being angry and unrealistic. In the meantime, I'll be playing my free games, listening to my free music and watching my free movies. Oh and using my free software. Wanna know the kicker? I can probably afford all this, but choose the more convenient and free route. Oh, this also goes to any other anti-pirate white knight.

:)

Reactions: placebooooo

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh people should just ignore him he is obviously very very important, and he likes to feel more important by going around calling people scum.....like their isn't much worse for him to go hunt down on his shining steed of richiousness on the internet.....no he targets kids, because it's easier to try bully them.....the block button exists for these kinds of people

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

You sound like a cunt.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
14b0f91266e232200f9df5fe9ee6ea29.jpeg

Now stop fighting. We should just accept and hug each other. :toot:

And close the thread.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, nor anyone else wants more people to jump into this thread with non topic replies and fight us for asking for help. Everyone, just ignore those people, what is he like a grown man arguing with a teenager? Real mature.

If any moderator can please close this thread. That would be very helpful. Thankfully, the thread served its purpose, and apparently non-piracy advocates are spamming the thread for no reason.

Reactions: kyogre123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: