Accidentally updated system. Someone PLEASE tell me there is something I can do...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by placebooooo, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Guys, I just tried to redeem a download code. I tried to open eshop and then it directed me to an updated then updated. I will have no use for my 3ds now at all. Is there something I could possibly do...

2. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Do what?

3. Habbert

Habbert GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    Only if you have a nand backup can you downgrade

4. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    the obvious downgrade :(

Really!? How could I go about that?

5. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    if you don't have it from a nand before 4.5, you are screwed for now

6. qUaK3R

qUaK3R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    Turn your 3DS on, and drown it in a tub full of water. Wait for results.

7. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I believe I have a 4.4 nand or 4.5 but more likely 4.4 nand

Is there some guide around or something?

8. krisztian1997

krisztian1997 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 14, 2013
    Romania
    placebooooo likes this.
  9. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    your 3ds still works fine
    just
    BUY your games and have fun official game you BUY

EZ-Megaman, T Link7, minexew and 12 others like this.
  10. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    If you made a NAND backup with your, I assume, Gateway card, you can restore that backup using a hardware mod. If you do not have a NAND backup, you cannot downgrade. If you are not well versed in SMD-soldering, or soldering in general, then find someone who is to install the hardware mod. If you do it yourself without advanced soldering knowledge, expect to destroy your 3DS.

11. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Honestly, I never heard of the word "soldering" until i heard about the 3ds downgrades from you guys. I'm not sure where exactly I could send my 3ds to be soldered. Is there some retail shop or something that could do it?

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    There's a few people on here who offer the Unbricking service, just downgrading should be cheaper, and anyone offering a downgrade service would probably be happy to help, ask them to do the USB mod as SD adaptor for you while they are there so you can always downgrade again without having to post it away again

placebooooo likes this.
  13. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Good idea! I'll post the downgrade request in the want to buy section of the forum! And maybe somewhere in the 3ds hacking forums section. Thanks!

14. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    You can search for a local hardware repair shop, or cell phone repair shop and ask if they could do it. There may also be others on this forum willing to do it for you. Make sure you have your NAND.bin file first though, or you'll simply be wasting your money. In a worst-case situation, you may be able to buy a 4.5 or lower 3DS mainboard from Ebay, or a similar site, to replace your now unexploitable board.

15. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Just double check their reputation before sending it off to anyone, also you won't have to include any flash cards or anything, if someone asks you to post it with your gateway card etc they are probs just looking to scam you, all you need to send is the console and you nand dump on the SD card

16. Crass

Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Oregon
    Judging by his innocence-like responses, I am going to assume placeboooo is a minor. If you do live in the Philidelphia area there might be local electronics shops willing to install the mod for you if you provide the proper instructions, this would be a custom job and I am sure you will have to negotiate a price, although I would hope it is reasonable. If that sounds too daunting then you might try what gamesquest1 has suggested and seeing if someone on here will do it for you, especially if they live locally otherwise you will probably have to ship it out to them. Bit of a hassle either way, but really no big deal. If you are a socially-awkward teenager then you might just be better off trying to find a new 4.1-4.5 system instead.

Sicklyboy and placebooooo like this.
  17. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Would you happen to know anyone here trustworthy?

18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Not in America sorry, I did see one person had his console un bricked in the Unbricking forum by another member, have a lil look through there I think there where a few different people offering the service in America, I was offering it in the uk, but with postage cost etc it wouldn't be worth it,

I'm sure their was a dedicated thread to people offering the Unbricking service have a lil look in this forum

19. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I understand. I really dont work and I am dug up with school too. It was hard enough to just even buy the 3ds xl. I had my brother buy it for me. But I just put my 3ds xl up for sale and I also asked for a soldering service in the want to buy section to see how things go. But if I do sell my 3ds xl, I'm not sure where I can get a brand new one on a compatible firmware for gateway, you know?

20. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.