Hacking Question Accidentally updated switch while in EMUMMC but it DIDN’T update OFW of the system to 9.0?

Karlvlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I know im going to sound like a proper dummy here but ,are the sig patches the same as the patches inside the atmosphere folder?coz i downloaded the updates amd it included patches inside the zip files ,ill take a photo later of what i overwritten on the sd card ,right now i can only go into hekate and when i try to launch any cfw its just a blank screen ,when i choose fusee primary like i used to before it just goes into a blackscreen after the nintendo logo

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know im going to sound like a proper dummy here but ,are the sig patches the same as the patches inside the atmosphere folder?coz i downloaded the updates amd it included patches inside the zip files ,ill take a photo later of what i overwritten on the sd card ,right now i can only go into hekate and when i try to launch any cfw its just a blank screen ,when i choose fusee primary like i used to before it just goes into a blackscreen after the nintendo logo
Yes, the kip_patches and exefs_patches folders should contain fs_patches and es_patches respectively, this is if you're booting using fusee-primary, and not with Hekate's fss0=fusee-secondary.bin method (what Kosmos uses)
Updated patches for both fusee-primary and fss0 are here: https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases

Karlvlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I just tried to do it now and out all the updates and patches ,even updated my rcm loader ,but now it doesmt evem go to hekate but launches atmosphere and gives me an error of 2162-0002 after the nintendo logo ,and then i just saw that the firmware is 9.1.0 ,is my switched already fuc*ed

Attachments

• E2C13D2C-C80F-4487-8851-19537352DDD3.jpeg
    E2C13D2C-C80F-4487-8851-19537352DDD3.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 287

Karlvlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So i was able to get pass the nintendo logo now and launched the cfw ,i tried to find the contents folder like crazy p said and deleted the folder that had the theme? so when i turned the switch on with the dongle it went through ,here is my current version now AA9E0E2A-0F0D-4985-9C83-C24744D740C1.jpeg

One thing i cant seem to do is gonto the homebrew menu by going to album and pressing amd hilding “R” and presiing “A” ,am i missimg something?

Reactions: crazy_p

strongsneeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So i was able to get pass the nintendo logo now and launched the cfw ,i tried to find the contents folder like crazy p said and deleted the folder that had the theme? so when i turned the switch on with the dongle it went through ,here is my current version now View attachment 192884

One thing i cant seem to do is gonto the homebrew menu by going to album and pressing amd hilding “R” and presiing “A” ,am i missimg something?
For the latest atmospheres hb menu is launched automatically from the album without holding the r button, holding it makes it open the album normally

Karlvlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i got my switch back to work ,just in case other's have a similar problem when they accidentally updated their fw this is what i did

1. download updated version of atmosphere ,hekate ,fusee primary, and sig patches
2. overwritten the files on my sd card with the updated files
3. put the latest fusee primary in rcm dongle
4. deleted the folder containing the installed theme in the "contents" folder in atmosphere

After doing all those i connected dongle to switch and turned on and voila launched cfw and everything was fixed! All downloaded games are there and in 9.1.0 as well ,

Thanks to CRAZY_P, STRONGSNEEZE ,MASTERJ360 ,and THE REAL JD BYE for helping me out!!!!
had no clue on what to do next without you guy's help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again