Hacking Accidentally Updated my Wii to 4.3(U) (Used to be 4.1) Does it affect anything?

Northgical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So yesterday, I was downloading MKWii with Wiimmfi patched. Then I decided to test the internet connection on my Wii then after it finished the popup appeared asking if I want to updated it, most of the time I choose no. But today, I see a youtube video where someone click yes and it doesn't update. So I thought it won't update. But when I click yes It starts updating. I was panicking. When it finished. The "Terms of Service Agreement" appeared. I chose "I don't agree" then It takes me back to the menu I checked Wiiflow and Homebrew it was fine. I didn't check everything tho.

So I wanna ask. If I updated the Wii by accident. But I didn't agree with the terms of service. Does it affect anything?

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not at all, maybe you would have to reinstall cIOS 249, but has been abandoned since like 2012, there has not been an update since around that time, try checking if you can initiate USB Loader GX.

So, dont worry, you can update and nothing bad would happen, in fact, i think 4.3 just added a Wii Shop Channel update if i recall correctly

Last edited by linkchidori,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It could brick a wii if it was originally Korean then region changed (unless u installed ModMii's extra brick protection in advance). The only other risk of brick is power failure in the middle of the install but it would be very unlikely to happen at the exact right moment.

Northgical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Result: Nothing Happen. Yay! USB Loader GX works fine tho.

Also another story that nobody asked for: I'm a dumbass all along. I thought my mario kart wii wiimmfi patched wouldn't show up. (Using WiiFlow because SD Card) This happens on other games I install. BUT THEN I FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE TO PRESS RELOAD CACHE TO MAKE IT SHOW UP! God damn it me! XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night