Hardware Accidentally Updated Hacked 3DS and Now It Won't Boot

SocialPermaDeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I clicked one too many "okays" while trying to get a game up and running and when my 3DS (running a Luma hack) rebooted it shows the error:

An exception occured
Processor: ARM11 (core 1)
Exception type: undefined instruction
Current process: pm (000000000000)

Any idea how to fix this? I'm honestly fine with completely reverting my 3DS to its pre-hack status if that's what it takes.

kylo_renzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i did this and i lost everything, but the files are still in the sd card
should i just re-hack the 3ds the way i hacked it the first time? is it gonna work?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did this and i lost everything, but the files are still in the sd card
should i just re-hack the 3ds the way i hacked it the first time? is it gonna work?
Need to make sure here. You were on a device that was running Boot9Strap. All you have to do to update Luma in this case is to replace the boot.firm on the root of the SD with the newest Luma3ds.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a stupid question but i need to replace only boot.firm or both boot.firm and boot.3dsx?
Doesnt really matter the boot.firm is the important file. If you have Boot9Strap installed it will just automatically run any file named "boot.firm" on the root of the SD.

kylo_renzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok wait i re-booted my 3ds and the luma configuration menu showed up, i clicked on allow to run external firmwares or something i dunno and it's working now🗿
i just had to manually run boot.firm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.