Accidentally installed New 3DS Ironhax 10.3 payload on o3DS - no more HBL?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by kenseiden, Nov 18, 2015.

1. kenseiden
    OP

kenseiden i am overflow

Sep 20, 2015
    United States
    Long story short: I had o3DS 10.3 payloads installed on two ironfall save slots, and decided to install the same payload on the final slot. Unfortunately, I was multitasking at the same time and didn't quite notice that I had accidentally chosen the New 3DS 10.3 payload until it finished downloading/installing (note to self: never multitask ever again). I exited the HBL and went back into Ironfall to delete the New 3DS payload slot. Afterwards, I tried to boot back into the HBL with my original payload slots, only to have it crash back to the main 3ds menu. It gets as far as the "homeropbin is ready" screen, but crashes immediately just as it's about to load the ropbin.

So, a few questions:

- anyone else do the same thing and get the same results?

- outside of Cubic Ninja/OoT/another miracle exploit, there's no way I'm getting back in, is there? Keep in mind that I'm on o3DS; otherwise I'd have gone to the trouble of setting up Smashbroshax :P

Hopefully I'll be able to get Cubic Ninja tomorrow from a not-so-close Gamestop and sort all this mess out, haha.

2. Pikasack

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
    Meanwhile I'm sitting here not able to download that new payload...

3. Eskuero

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    afaik as I know payload is not installed to the slot specified but to a more general route, so any *hax you have installed to any slot will try to load the same payload. Therefore I think you broke your ironfall entrypoint.
    If you're not on <=10.1 you need Cubic Ninja or Ocarina Of Time if you have powersave.

4. Minecraftlol

Minecraftlol Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    New Zealand
    He said he's on 10.3.
    Just get Ninjhax or OOTHAX using a save dongle, or hope for browserhax 2.0 or another exploit.
    Lots of other people are in the same boat as you, so just wait and eventually a new exploit will come out. probably

Eskuero likes this.
  5. kenseiden
    OP

kenseiden i am overflow

Sep 20, 2015
    United States
    That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping that Ironfall payloads were slot-dependent, but clearly that isn't the case, as I found out, haha.

i've got a free day tomorrow and I am literally going out of my way to pick up a copy of Cubic Ninja because homebrew access is that important to me :lol: