Trophies
XP
Country
France
EDIT:
SOLVED! Thanks TO @TurdPooCharger
post #7

EDIT 2:
TouchScreen in DS mode not responding, trying to figuring out why...

EDIT 3 :
And, I finally found a workarround by downloading the .nds file of The NDS firmware, launched it via my FlashCard or TWLmenu++ and got to the settings then recalibrate the screen! And it's finally working like a charm!
Thanks @Ryccardo and @TurdPooCharger for your huge help !

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I was having an error while launching a cartridge "Errdisp". So to fix that (which, obviously didn't fixed anything at all :rofl:), I opened FBI and deleted the "movable.sed" file from the CTRNAND/Private folder. Yah, I know, what a terrible decision.

So, After that, I restarted the console and, here is the thing:

- The console started as factory new (with new profile name configuration, 3D testing, etc)
- After setting this up, everything has been vanished (which is normal)
- CFW still here, can launch Rosalina and displaying prefix "Sys" before version.
- Can't manage to install any CIA file. I'm getting 0xD900458A when installing any file, also getting this:
Failed to Install CIA file
Result Code: 0xD900458A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Wrong argument (8)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: <unknown> (394)

(FBI has been launched from gm9 with replacing H&S Icon)​

I do think that my process FS is broken, I don't know how, but it is...

So this is my situation rn:
CFW still here, but lost my profile, my themes and my icons (except TWiLightMenu++).
This also created a new 32 chars folder inside the Nintendo 3DS folder.

I know that nothing is lost because everything was running from the SD card, since I followed the 3DS.hacks.guide some years ago.
I also got a NAND backup which dates (2 years ago, since i did the guide) but i think if I get to recover the nand, or just recover the movable.sed file and put it in the appropriate folder, will this recover everything?

Thanks for your help! :D

Last edited by NitNek,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also got a NAND backup which dates (2 years ago, since i did the guide) but i think if I get to recover the nand, or just recover the movable.sed file and put it in the appropriate folder, will this recover everything?
Yes, if you didn't factory reset the console since you created that backup of the movable.sed (and even if you did, factory reset it another time and it should be fine)

Of course if you flash the full nand backup instead of mounting it and just copying the movable.sed you won't have that problem (but you will lose access to any title you installed afterwards) - as long as you have the right movable.sed you can always decrypt your SD files with fuse-3ds

And it's called a backup because you should have created (a newer) one before the problem ;)

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: E1ite007

NitNek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, if you didn't factory reset the console since you created that backup of the movable.sed (and even if you did, factory reset it another time and it should be fine)

Of course if you flash the full nand backup instead of mounting it and just copying the movable.sed you won't have that problem (but you will lose access to any title you installed afterwards)

Yeah I see,

I want to recover everything as it was like 2 days ago, with my theme, my icons, my games and my saves.. So I don't know...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ryccardo's advice would be the closest in restoring most of your setup. If you backed up the SysNAND *.bin image when you first hacked the 3DS system, restoring that image will bring back your user profile.

If you don't have that image, the best you can do at this point are to:

(1) Manually restore the movable.sed with a backup copy from the essential.exefs.
If you are not comfortable or cannot trust yourself to personally navigate and modify the CTRNAND, you should be able to replace the missing movable.sed by doing CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.

-AND-

(2) Correct the KeyY<ID0> encryption for the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

NitNek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you backed up the SysNAND *.bin image when you first hacked the 3DS system, restoring that image will bring back your user profile.
Okay, I've got my nand backup.bin file from before I installed Luma. But will this erase the tickets installed?

-AND-

(2) Correct the KeyY<ID0> encryption for the Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • Encrypted my saves by formatting, but I have a full backup, what can I do?
Am I Forced to use CRTTransfer to correct the KeyY?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've got my nand backup.bin file from before I installed Luma. But will this erase the tickets installed?
Are your tickets from games that you personally purchased from Nintendo eShop or were they installed through pirated CIAs downloaded from the Internet?

If you have DSiWare games, you should probably reconsider restoring the SysNAND *.bin image.

You can selectively restore just the user profile and movable.sed by doing this instead,
  1. GodMode9 → [0:] SD CARD (NOLABEL)<date>_<serial>_sysnand_###.binNAND image options...Mount image to drive.
  2. [7:] IMGNAND CTRNAND → press (L)-shoulder on both data and private folders to highlight select these in yellow.
  3. Press (Y) to add the two (2) folders to the [CLIPBOARD]. If a selection mistake has occurred, press (SELECT) to reset.
  4. Back out with the (B) button. Go into the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND directory.
  5. Press (Y) → Copy path(s)<A> yes → button combo → Overwrite all<A> yes → button combo → <A> yes.
    • :!: DO NOT CHOOSE Move path(s).
  6. Back out with (B) button. Hold the (R)-shoulder and press (X) to unmount the SysNAND *.bin image. The three (3) IMGNAND [7:] , [8:] , and [9:] directories should now disappear.
  7. While hovering the white selector on [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND, hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) → Fix CMACs for drive<A> yes → button combo → <A> yes → button combo → <A> to continue<A> yes.
  8. Go to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010011/00000000 → press (X) to delete this file.
    • :!: Be careful not to delete anything else.
    • This will remove the Secure Values that are known to delete game saves if a mismatch in date records are detected (anti-restore save cheating measure).
Edit - In step 8, this folder doesn't exist: 0001011; the correct folder has two 0's between the 1's.

Am I Forced to use CRTTransfer to correct the KeyY?
You would only use that CTRTransfer (Type D9) script's secondary function Fix movable.sed KeyY if your original Nintendo 3DS/<ID0> is not recognized after restoring the movable.sed.

NitNek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are your tickets from games that you personally purchased from Nintendo eShop or were they installed through pirated CIAs downloaded from the Internet?
Both, purchased and downloaded cias (thought these were installed on my SD).

If you have DSiWare games, you should probably reconsider restoring the SysNAND *.bin image.
I think I have one yes.
If I do the NAND restore, i guees I'll be losing everything I had 2 days ago (like my games, my apps, the homebrew menu icon on the menu, all that stuff, and my saves too?

You can selectively restore just the user profile and movable.sed by doing this instead,
  1. GodMode9 → [0:] SD CARD (NOLABEL)<date>_<serial>_sysnand_###.binNAND image options...Mount image to drive.
  2. [7:] IMGNAND CTRNAND → press (L)-shoulder on both data and private folders to highlight select these in yellow.
  3. Press (Y) to add the two (2) folders to the [CLIPBOARD]. If a selection mistake has occurred, press (SELECT) to reset.
  5. Press (Y) → Copy path(s)<A> yes → button combo → Overwrite all<A> yes → button combo → <A> yes.
  6. Back out with (B) button. Hold the (R)-shoulder and press (X) to unmount the SysNAND *.bin image. The three (3) IMGNAND [7:] , [8:] , and [9:] directories should now disappear.
  7. While hovering the white selector on [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND, hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) → Fix CMACs for drive<A> yes → button combo → <A> yes → button combo → <A> to continue<A> yes.
  8. Go to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/0001011/00000000 → press (X) to delete this file.
    • This will remove the Secure Values that are known to delete game saves if a mismatch in date records are detected (anti-restore save cheating measure).
So this will allow me to restore my profile but lose everything?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both, purchased and downloaded cias (thought these were installed on my SD).
I believe visiting the Nintendo eShop automatically redownloads one's private legit tickets if they are missing. Tickets from pirated CIAs have fake tickets. Fake tickets are replaceable with faketik.

I think I have one yes.
Then restoring the SysNAND *.bin image per 3ds.hacks.guide's godmode9 instruction would erase that DSiWare game. Go with the manual approach described in my above post.

If I do the NAND restore, i guees I'll be losing everything I had 2 days ago (like my games, my apps, the homebrew menu icon on the menu, all that stuff, and my saves too?
When you deleted that movable.sed and upon booting to HOME Menu, the 3DS firmware permanently erased the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0> containing your user profile up to that point.

However, your SD card's library of games, dlcs, updates, saves, and extdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder should still be intact. The same goes for DSiWare games and saves found in [2:] SYSNAND TWLN. Those should still be there once you restore the movable.sed (with the correct KeyY) and any missing tickets.

So this will allow me to restore my profile but lose everything?
No, just the opposite. Restore the user profile (or how it was at the time that image was made), restore/replaced the missing movable.sed, and keep everything else (tickets, DSiWare games & saves).

NitNek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, so I'm a bit Lost.
I want to recover my N3DS as it was 2 days ago, with my theme, my games (even pirated), my saves, everything.
What should I do?

Thanks for your huge help tho!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm a bit Lost.
I want to recover my N3DS as it was 2 days ago, with my theme, my games (even pirated), my saves, everything.
What should I do?
I don't know how to break the news to you in a better way. When you deleted the movable.sed, some of the things that were lost are not recoverable.

Your user profile can't be fully restored. You'll only be able to add back what it was like when you made the SysNAND *.bin image.

If your SysNAND image was made 1 year ago, your user profile items like the Friend List, Miis, Activity Log, Notes, and other nand saves from system applets & system titles will revert back to how it was then. Any changes between the time it was made and now will be gone.

Everything else from the SD card and TWLN partition such as the themes, SD games/dlcs/updates, SD saves & extdata, and DSiware stuff you should still have with you.

NitNek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know how to break the news to you in a better way. When you deleted the movable.sed, some of the things that were lost are not recoverable.

Your user profile can't be fully restored. You'll only be able to add back what it was like when you made the SysNAND *.bin image.

If your SysNAND image was made 1 year ago, your user profile items like the Friend List, Miis, Activity Log, Notes, and other nand saves from system applets & system titles will revert back to how it was then. Any changes between the time it was made and now will be gone.

Everything else from the SD card and TWLN partition such as the themes, SD games/dlcs/updates, SD saves & extdata, and DSiware stuff you should still have with you.

Okay I get it. So, To get back what is on my SD card, I have to restore the nand which is now 2 years old, and I Will get back to the menu with what was present on this backup of 2 yo, AND i will regain the access of all my SD files, saves, ect.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I get it. So, To get back what is on my SD card, I have to restore the nand which is now 2 years old, and I Will get back to the menu with what was present on this backup of 2 yo, AND i will regain the access of all my SD files, saves, ect.
Go with the method of selectively restoring only the ctrnand's data and private folders described in post #7. This will leave alone the tickets and won't erase the dsiware game.

You have to make sure to delete that file containing secure values or certain games like Super Smash Bros, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Pokemon series will try to delete their saves the next time they're launched.

Reactions: tfocosta

NitNek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
  8. Go to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/0001011/00000000 → press (X) to delete this file.
    • This will remove the Secure Values that are known to delete game saves if a mismatch in date records are detected (anti-restore save cheating measure)

SO, i do only those steps and I'm good to go?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you deleted that movable.sed and upon booting to HOME Menu, the 3DS firmware permanently erased the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0> containing your user profile up to that point.
I've speculated that stuff like that doesn't necessarily get "permanently erased" and that it might be possible to recover it if you do a NAND backup, mount the CTRNAND with ninfs (and OSFMount), and then use a standard FAT16 unerase utility. But that's all very speculative and probably not worth considering unless there's something unusually valuable at stake.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've speculated that stuff like that doesn't necessarily get "permanently erased" and that it might be possible to recover it if you do a NAND backup, mount the CTRNAND with ninfs (and OSFMount), and then use a standard FAT16 unerase utility. But that's all very speculative and probably not worth considering unless there's something unusually valuable at stake.
I just tried this on my cousin's borrowed o3DSXL. Deleted the movable.sed, booted to the new user setup, went back to GM9 to check that the old 1:/data/<ID0> is gone, dumped the ctrnand_fat.bin from [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL, and image mounted this onto IsoBuster. There are no traces of that original <ID0>. It's ridiculous how thorough Nintendo made the Format System Memory in wiping everything. I learned that lesson the hard way when I accidentally deleted my entire 128 GB worth of games trying to instead System Update years ago.

NitNek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This depends. Between the time you made the SysNAND image and when the accident happened, was your 3DS system involved in a System Transfer and/or Format System Memory (ie, factory reset)?
I don't think so. I, first, system transfered from my o3DS to my n3DS, then i put b9s, did the backup then launched luma3Ds

Envoyé de mon GM1913 en utilisant Tapatalk

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried this on my cousin's borrowed o3DSXL. Deleted the movable.sed, booted to the new user setup, went back to GM9 to check that the old 1:/data/<ID0> is gone, dumped the ctrnand_fat.bin from [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL, and image mounted this onto IsoBuster. There are no traces of that original <ID0>.
Wow. Your willingness to experiment is a boon to us all, good sir. Can't say I've ever tried to unerase anything with Isobuster before, but I will assume it is as good as anything else.

It's ridiculous how thorough Nintendo made the Format System Memory in wiping everything. I learned that lesson the hard way when I accidentally deleted my entire 128 GB worth of games trying to instead System Update years ago.
The main basis for my speculation is that a NAND backup I made after a System Transfer, when compressed, was twice the size of a NAND backup from before the transfer, implying a loss of easily-compressed "empty" space. But perhaps System Transfers are different.

NitNek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
One thing which is weird too, is that, when I restarted the console with the File deleted, and after completing the setup user, on the menu, there was the sudoku app (for the sudokuhax i guess when i did the guide), but I don't get why do i have the game on this console and why on a new user?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.