Hacking Accidentally deleted IOS30.

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I accidentally deleted IOS30 when I misread an instruction (Nice job on my part, huh?
frown.gif
) I know that it's now completely bricked and I've been searching for any alternatives from sending it to Nintendo or Infectus; I backed up the NAND, but the SD card that it was on is broken now. (Not from the Wii, no.)

Tried the GCN controller thing - Nothing
Tried the Universal Unbrick Disc (v2;burnt on DVD+R at lowest speed) - Nothing

About ready to give up and just pay the $90, or whatever to fix it.
hate2.gif

So I ask this: Is it possible to fix?

Edit: Also, I understand I was careless when it came to backing up the important files from the Wii.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to autoboot anything without the system menu and its IOS intact. The only thing that could get you out of this is BootMii/boot2 and apparently you don't have that.

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
You won't be able to autoboot anything without the system menu and its IOS intact. The only thing that could get you out of this is BootMii/boot2 and apparently you don't have that.
Aye, you'd correct. I didn't even know BootMii was finally released :|

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader might have been able to bail you out to, but that's besides the point.

I don't think there is anything you could do other than paying someone to fix it. It's sort of like insurance, you get the insurance BEFORE the accident, not after.

I would try to find a method that avoids Nintendo if you want to mod it when you get it back. Nintendo charges extra to fix it if you used homebrew, and they remove any homebrew that you had.

You can still mod 4.0 and all, but it can be annoying to do and avoiding the trouble is desirable.

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I did have Preloader and that SoftMii thing installed when this happened..
What happened was, I was trying to remove cIOScorp.. (Probably should've mentioned that this happened in March..)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Preloader got killed when you removed IOS30 as far as I'm aware. I guess you could hold reset while booting to see if it comes up anyway.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Well, Preloader got killed when you removed IOS30 as far as I'm aware. I guess you could hold reset while booting to see if it comes up anyway.

Wii=RIP

sorry but its a low-Level Brick, theres no way to fix this unless you had Bootmii installed, Which you didn't
only fixes is a Infectus chip with your Nand Backup, Which you said you had, but its corrupt
second send it to Nintendo, probably your only route Now.

Question:
What guide was you using to remove Cioscorp, that said delete IOS30? or was that just a honest mistake all together

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for taking so long to reply..
WiiBlaster said:
FenrirWolf said:

Wii=RIP

sorry but its a low-Level Brick, theres no way to fix this unless you had Bootmii installed, Which you didn't
only fixes is a Infectus chip with your Nand Backup, Which you said you had, but its corrupt
second send it to Nintendo, probably your only route Now.

Question:
What guide was you using to remove Cioscorp, that said delete IOS30? or was that just a honest mistake all together

Can't find the specific post, sorry. I believe it was concerning removing cIOScorp on 3.4, though.. I'm probably wrong.

Yeah, I suppose I'll have to send it to Nintendo now :/

Edit: Sorry, forgot to thank everyone! Thanks for help~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on