Accidentally deleted IOS30.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by segasaturn, Jul 6, 2009.

Jul 6, 2009

Accidentally deleted IOS30. by segasaturn at 6:39 PM (1,614 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. segasaturn
    OP

Newcomer segasaturn Member

United Kingdom
    So, I accidentally deleted IOS30 when I misread an instruction (Nice job on my part, huh? [​IMG]) I know that it's now completely bricked and I've been searching for any alternatives from sending it to Nintendo or Infectus; I backed up the NAND, but the SD card that it was on is broken now. (Not from the Wii, no.)

Tried the GCN controller thing - Nothing
    Tried the Universal Unbrick Disc (v2;burnt on DVD+R at lowest speed) - Nothing

About ready to give up and just pay the $90, or whatever to fix it. [​IMG]
    So I ask this: Is it possible to fix?

Edit: Also, I understand I was careless when it came to backing up the important files from the Wii.

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You won't be able to autoboot anything without the system menu and its IOS intact. The only thing that could get you out of this is BootMii/boot2 and apparently you don't have that.

3. segasaturn
    OP

United Kingdom
    Aye, you'd correct. I didn't even know BootMii was finally released :|

4. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Preloader might have been able to bail you out to, but that's besides the point.

I don't think there is anything you could do other than paying someone to fix it. It's sort of like insurance, you get the insurance BEFORE the accident, not after.

I would try to find a method that avoids Nintendo if you want to mod it when you get it back. Nintendo charges extra to fix it if you used homebrew, and they remove any homebrew that you had.

You can still mod 4.0 and all, but it can be annoying to do and avoiding the trouble is desirable.

5. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    edit.. nvm i didn't realise you didn't have bootmii installed

6. segasaturn
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well, I did have Preloader and that SoftMii thing installed when this happened..
    What happened was, I was trying to remove cIOScorp.. (Probably should've mentioned that this happened in March..)

7. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well, Preloader got killed when you removed IOS30 as far as I'm aware. I guess you could hold reset while booting to see if it comes up anyway.

8. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Wii=RIP

sorry but its a low-Level Brick, theres no way to fix this unless you had Bootmii installed, Which you didn't
    only fixes is a Infectus chip with your Nand Backup, Which you said you had, but its corrupt
    second send it to Nintendo, probably your only route Now.

Question:
    What guide was you using to remove Cioscorp, that said delete IOS30? or was that just a honest mistake all together

9. segasaturn
    OP

United Kingdom
    Apologies for taking so long to reply..
    Can't find the specific post, sorry. I believe it was concerning removing cIOScorp on 3.4, though.. I'm probably wrong.

Yeah, I suppose I'll have to send it to Nintendo now :/

Edit: Sorry, forgot to thank everyone! Thanks for help~