Accidentally Changed Wii to PAL version and need help with B.L.I.N.D

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kyle Rayner, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Kyle Rayner
    OP

Kyle Rayner Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Canada
    I was using any region changer on my Wii Homebrew channel and changed the system to PAL region and can no longer use it since my tv is ntsc. I googled solutions to this and found [user]JoostinOnline[/user]'s B.L.I.N.D software but I'm not sure how to use it. I don't have DVDs or a DVD burner since i use an external hard drive and Configurable USB Loader to play my ISOs.

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Do you have Priiloader or BootMii as boot2? If you don't know about the first, hold down RESET, press POWER, and continue holding RESET for at least 5 seconds. Tell me if you hear the background music.

3. Kyle Rayner
    OP

Kyle Rayner Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Canada
    If I do that and then press any button on the Wii Remote I hear the background music just like i would if i booted it up normally.

4. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Okay, no Priiloader then. That's disappointing. Did you have any forwarder channels installed?

5. Kyle Rayner
    OP

Kyle Rayner Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Canada
    The only extra channels I have are the homebrew channel and a channel for Configurable USB Loader.

6. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    The one for Cfg will work. Replace \apps\USBLoader\boot.dol with the BLIND dol. Load the System Menu and switch between channels with + and -. You should be able to tell which one is Cfg by the sound. You'll have to do a little trial and error, but aim the remote near the bottom right of the screen and launch the channel. Tell me if BLIND loads.

7. Kyle Rayner
    OP

Kyle Rayner Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Canada
    It Worked! I'm on the BLIND menu but when I try to go into advanced t
    settings it says "Nand permissions, fake sign patch- 2011 required Check your IOSs for a valid IOS"

8. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Okay, you need to load a cIOS. If you don't have 236, use 249. See if you can get into the region changer and fix the video mode.

9. Kyle Rayner
    OP

Kyle Rayner Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Canada
    How do I load the CIOS? is it the install thing? When I tried to install it the program warned me that IOS 249 in a "Stub" should I install it anyway?

10. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Do NOT install an IOS. You need to load one. I should have specified, you need to go to Change IOS. It's about half-way down the main menu. Look for IOS236. Select that if it's available, otherwise use 249.

11. Kyle Rayner
    OP

Kyle Rayner Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Canada
    Okay, it worked! Thank you so much!

12. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Leave the region as it is, but there was no reason to change it in the first place. You can play games of any region through a loader.

13. Kyle Rayner
    OP

Kyle Rayner Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Canada
    Yeah, it was a dumb mistake >< I was trying to get a pal version of Twilight Princess to work because it wasn't working with the loader even though I forced NTSC. Thanks for all your help. I seriously didn't think there was a way to fix that.