Hacking Question Accidentally burnt my fuse, any issue?

leon8179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So while messing around with payloads, I accidentally rebooted into OFW and that increased my burnt fuse count from 5 to 7. Is this going to be problematic in the future? As far as I know, the only exploit that has to do with firmware version is Deja Vu which has an unknown release date. Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Also, I would like to know if Nintendo is able to patch fg with system update or an unpatched switch is always gold =).

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot tell the future, but 5-to-7 fuses means you went from firmware 4.X.X to 6.X.X. You will no longer be able to downgrade to any firmware below 6.X.X, assuming you would need to at all. Worrying about fuses is rather pointless for those firmware 3.0.1+ expecting to eventually have cold boot (supposedly, but SciresM has been wrong before).

See expected burned fuse count relative to firmware here:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade

Last edited by Pluupy,

leon8179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know which FW has 5 fuses, so you might have lost the ability to use deja vu once it's out.
And they can't patch bootrom with sys-update, so no, they can't patch FG.
it was on 4.1.0, so I lost potential access to deja vu with the 2 additional burnt fuse.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was on 4.1.0, so I lost potential access to deja vu with the 2 additional burnt fuse.
If you use a dongle and jig there isn't much loss in losing access to Deja vu. It's a warmboot exploit. Why some people seem to think it will be the magical coldboot exploit that loads at boot automatically is beyond me, because SciresM has stated multiple times it isn't.
Given how small the dongles are, and that most people have a carrying case for their switch that can hold the dongle, imo Deja vu is fairly irrelevant at this point. Especially with the fact that due to it being a warmboot exploit, it will almost certainly require booting into ofw from a coldboot to then warmboot into cfw.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a jig only takes an extra 2 seconds, which with how rarely I power off my switch is no big deal. I'd rather use a jig than fuss around with autorcm or a hardmod.
I like autorcm, so i boot straight to modded switch emunand without removing the joycons, no accidental boots to stock. The dongle lives in my switch case and i hardly use it, but i find this very convenient.

leon8179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like autorcm, so i boot straight to modded switch emunand without removing the joycons, no accidental boots to stock. The dongle lives in my switch case and i hardly use it, but i find this very convenient.
I heard autocrm cause battery drain issue, is that true?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use a dongle and jig there isn't much loss in losing access to Deja vu. It's a warmboot exploit. Why some people seem to think it will be the magical coldboot exploit that loads at boot automatically is beyond me, because SciresM has stated multiple times it isn't.
Given how small the dongles are, and that most people have a carrying case for their switch that can hold the dongle, imo Deja vu is fairly irrelevant at this point. Especially with the fact that due to it being a warmboot exploit, it will almost certainly require booting into ofw from a coldboot to then warmboot into cfw.

Exactly. A potential warmboot would be more tedious than pushing an RCM payload. It's nice to have options, but damn. Worrying about fuses, fucking with EmuNand. The effort isn't worth the payoff.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly. A potential warmboot would be more tedious than pushing an RCM payload. It's nice to have options, but damn. Worrying about fuses, fucking with EmuNand. The effort isn't worth the payoff.
Hmmm... Very Thtupid. But ...................intelethting

;)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair I'm still gonna mess with emuNAND because I want to try to stay clear of getting banned. Even gonna go as far as using a separate SD for emunand. Which wouldn't really be possible with a warmboot and is still imo less difficult if I want to cold boot into the emuNAND.
Ever since the info got out for how easy the "partial hardmod" method was of host shorting a pin and pressing a button combo, I stopped caring and just started to update and enjoy my switch vanilla until we get emunand. And with dongles making it extremely easy up push a payload on the go, imo for most people there really is no good reason to try to stay low.
Anyone expecting a "true coldboot" really should stop expecting it because SciresM himself stated its unlikely to happen, meaning he doesn't have what you people seem to think he has

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol