Question Accidentally burnt my fuse, any issue?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by leon8179, Oct 14, 2018.

1. leon8179
    OP

leon8179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    So while messing around with payloads, I accidentally rebooted into OFW and that increased my burnt fuse count from 5 to 7. Is this going to be problematic in the future? As far as I know, the only exploit that has to do with firmware version is Deja Vu which has an unknown release date. Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Also, I would like to know if Nintendo is able to patch fg with system update or an unpatched switch is always gold =).

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Don't know which FW has 5 fuses, so you might have lost the ability to use deja vu once it's out.
    And they can't patch bootrom with sys-update, so no, they can't patch FG.

Draxzelex likes this.
  3. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I cannot tell the future, but 5-to-7 fuses means you went from firmware 4.X.X to 6.X.X. You will no longer be able to downgrade to any firmware below 6.X.X, assuming you would need to at all. Worrying about fuses is rather pointless for those firmware 3.0.1+ expecting to eventually have cold boot (supposedly, but SciresM has been wrong before).

See expected burned fuse count relative to firmware here:
    https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade

Last edited by Pluupy, Oct 14, 2018
  4. leon8179
    OP

leon8179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    it was on 4.1.0, so I lost potential access to deja vu with the 2 additional burnt fuse.

5. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    Get a dongle and install autorcm, not a big loss.

6. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If you use a dongle and jig there isn't much loss in losing access to Deja vu. It's a warmboot exploit. Why some people seem to think it will be the magical coldboot exploit that loads at boot automatically is beyond me, because SciresM has stated multiple times it isn't.
    Given how small the dongles are, and that most people have a carrying case for their switch that can hold the dongle, imo Deja vu is fairly irrelevant at this point. Especially with the fact that due to it being a warmboot exploit, it will almost certainly require booting into ofw from a coldboot to then warmboot into cfw.

7. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Get a modchip and never care about autorcm and dongle ever again.

8. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    You would have to care for getting the battery flat if it stays undocked for a long period.

9. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Nope, if you wire it the "good" way.

10. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Using a jig only takes an extra 2 seconds, which with how rarely I power off my switch is no big deal. I'd rather use a jig than fuss around with autorcm or a hardmod.

11. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    I like autorcm, so i boot straight to modded switch emunand without removing the joycons, no accidental boots to stock. The dongle lives in my switch case and i hardly use it, but i find this very convenient.

12. mattytrog

mattytrog Not on my watch.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Wrong...

13. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    And you void your warranty

14. leon8179
    OP

leon8179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    I heard autocrm cause battery drain issue, is that true?

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    AutoRCM does not drain battery no more than a regular console without CFW.

leon8179 likes this.
  16. mattytrog

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You void your warranty the moment you stick a jig into the joycon rail officially... ;)

17. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Exactly. A potential warmboot would be more tedious than pushing an RCM payload. It's nice to have options, but damn. Worrying about fuses, fucking with EmuNand. The effort isn't worth the payoff.

18. mattytrog

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hmmm... Very Thtupid. But ...................intelethting

;)

19. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States

mattytrog likes this.
  20. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    To be fair I'm still gonna mess with emuNAND because I want to try to stay clear of getting banned. Even gonna go as far as using a separate SD for emunand. Which wouldn't really be possible with a warmboot and is still imo less difficult if I want to cold boot into the emuNAND.
    Ever since the info got out for how easy the "partial hardmod" method was of host shorting a pin and pressing a button combo, I stopped caring and just started to update and enjoy my switch vanilla until we get emunand. And with dongles making it extremely easy up push a payload on the go, imo for most people there really is no good reason to try to stay low.
    Anyone expecting a "true coldboot" really should stop expecting it because SciresM himself stated its unlikely to happen, meaning he doesn't have what you people seem to think he has