Hacking accidentally brought 3ds with cfw. how do I remove it?

Drpepper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't notice it had cfw installed when I brought it, from a pawn shop. I don't know how to use anything installed, and I'd rather just unistall everything.

This is all that's installed, I think.
FBI, PastaCFW, rxTools, and sysUpdater.

Also, please simplify what your saying; I'm not used to messing with files like this.

Last edited by Drpepper,

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering how easy and useful cfw is to learn and use i usually recommend that you take the hour to learn it instead of deleting it. But if you really REALLY don't want it for whatever reason you can uninstall it with this guide

(While typing this i realized you listed pastacfw and rxtools which means it's probably using a method call arms 9 loader hax, which isn't supported to remove, so you'll have to follow this guide first
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
to update to the current hax that can actually be uninstalled, but again at that point why bother?)

https://3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw.html

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad that I don't know this for sure, but on newer hacks can you play original game cartridges on it? I'm trying to sell an old 3ds that's hacked on 11.00 33-u.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, that rxTools would make the things even more difficult, 'cause as @TurdPooCharger said, removing the CFW on a 3DS is pretty risky.
You should update from rxTools to B9S, and then, if you still want to remove CFW, do it from there, it's easier from B9S on my experience.
Also, if you try it and your console bricks, we will not take responsability for that.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly did you "brought" it?

It's been a long time since I messed with 3DS hacking but if I remember correctly I think there was a hack method that replaced either game or app data in order to gain access to homebrew so therefore if you delete that game or app from the system it would brick. May be your best bet not to remove anything unless you find out exactly what kind of hacks you're dealing with.

Last edited by Clapmaster,

juccatan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest keeping CFW, there is literally no good reason to remove it, and if you do remove it, you might end up damaging your 3DS. You can have Free games with a modded 3DS, it's pretty neat!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to add to @E1ite007 statement. Even if you update your custom firmware to the latest boot9strap v1.3, GodMode9 v1.7.1, and Luma3DS v9.1 (I know, these are things you're not familiar with) and update the 3DS firmware to 11.9.0-42, you can still end up bricking the 3DS when uninstalling the custom firmware if there is even a single mismatch in signed tickets or outdated system titles. You're better off keeping custom firmware and using Rei-Six in place of Luma3DS. This will give a very stock or open firmware-like experience. Baring the region change aspect, see this thread in what I mean by this.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Drpepper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then, I'll leave it on there. I was just paranoid; I used to mess with electronics when I was younger, and make them unusable. But considering the danger in removing it, I'll just let it be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb