Gaming Accidentally "Bricked" Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Save

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was using a save data manager in the Homebrew launcher on a New 3DS XL, I was going to back up my save file, but I accidentally hit "B" instead of "A", and it restored an OLDER save file instead of backing up the newer one. Now, I get an error saying the save file can't be used when I load my game. I know I could erase the save file, but is there another method where I could access the save file using a code of some sort?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So, I was using a save data manager in the Homebrew launcher on a New 3DS XL, I was going to back up my save file, but I accidentally hit "B" instead of "A", and it restored an OLDER save file instead of backing up the newer one. Now, I get an error saying the save file can't be used when I load my game. I know I could erase the save file, but is there another method where I could access the save file using a code of some sort?

Do you not have a backup of the newest one before doing so? If so, this happened to me and you're kinda screwed..

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Newer SaveDataFilers can delete something called the "Secure Value" which is what tries to prevent you from using an imported save. Once you import your save, go to the User tab and highlight your Pokémon game's save (for Y, it's 0055E if I recall. If it's not for you, make sure your SD card's filer folder is empty and dump your save again, that'll give you a better idea of what the ID is), then press R + Y to delete the secure value (your SaveDataFiler needs to be r53438 or newer to delete the secure value).

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
For SaveDataFiler, there should be a button combination called "Delete Secure Value" on the top screen when you have the game highlighted in the SD tab. If yours doesn't have that you will need to reinstall the CIA.

Unless you only have Homebrew access, which in that case you should use JK Save Manager (which is the save manager you should have been using in the first place :P) JKSM removes secure value automatically but you will need to put your savedata (for Pokemon, it's a file called main) in SD:\JKSM\saves\Pokémon_Alpha_Sapphire\ I think(?)

Last edited by Garro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands