Hacking Accidentally booting CFW on SYSNAND. Flagged for ban?

kbdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
India
My switch is setup to autoboot into an emunand. After formatting my sd card for a clean atmosphere install, I rebooted my switch and instead of autobooting into my emunand, it autobooted into my sysnand, with cfw. I immediately shut it off (didn't futz around with HBL or anything).
My WIFI was not on, but I plan to use my sysnand for online games later down the road. Because I booted into the sysnand with cfw, am I "flagged" for a ban when I log into wifi later? Do I need to do a nand restore? My OFW is on 9, but my nand backup is from 8.
Thanks in advance for advice
So did you get banned or not? I just did the same thing you did

D

Deleted User

So did you get banned or not? I just did the same thing you did
Booting into CFW on SysNAND does not get you banned. There are certain things that will flag you to getting banned. I can confirm simply just booting into CFW and using a homebrew like EdiZon to restore and backup saves has not gotten me banned for well over a year

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I did this yesterday by accident (booted into cfw sysnand), never done it before, wanting to keep it clean since I want to play online, have some purchases etc. I was a little worried but think I should be fine :)
There are people who go online with cfw (pokemon, hacked raids) and they don't get insta-banned. (but I guess for that situation, Nin could log if you are hosting stuff like that, I have read people have been banned for hosting hacked raids)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well, as I said, it’s more convenient to be able to do everything on one nand.
And I use sysmmc specifically because it’s faster & it’d be sitting there doing nothing if I used emummc.
so I guess you use homebrew apps? but no piracy, since that would get you banned right?
or with cfw now, is piracy also hidden from Nin? (but of course, not playing pirated stuff online)

micro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have zero pirated content/NSPs installed on my system, correct.

Hi there, have you tried going online with CFW to play 60fps patched games? And do you overclock all the time online?

I intended to hack my switch just to play games at a higher fps. No cheats/pirated games/edited save, just 60fps patch for games. I wish to play borderlands 2 online at 60fps.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, have you tried going online with CFW to play 60fps patched games? And do you overclock all the time online?

I intended to hack my switch just to play games at a higher fps. No cheats/pirated games/edited save, just 60fps patch for games. I wish to play borderlands 2 online at 60fps.
I OC in a lot of the games I play, yes.
I don't use 60fps patches (because I don't like being tethered to a charger), but I do use graphics mods for Xenoblade 2 and Xenoblade DE.
Whether they are or aren't safe to use online probably depends on the game.

Reactions: micro

micro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I OC in a lot of the games I play, yes.
I don't use 60fps patches (because I don't like being tethered to a charger), but I do use graphics mods for Xenoblade 2 and Xenoblade DE.
Whether they are or aren't safe to use online probably depends on the game.
Oh i see.
Do you use the graphic mods online? Do the graphic mod modify the game contents, or it is an external mod which keeps the game unmodified?

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never bothered with emunand. just made a full backup, firmware 8.1.0 i think. As long as there is not a future update that breaks the systems compatibility with that backup (weird module update GameCard slot, wi-fi, etc.) I will be fine... i think.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i see.
Do you use the graphic mods online? Do the graphic mod modify the game contents, or it is an external mod which keeps the game unmodified?
My Switch is almost always connected to the internet, so yes.
The Xenoblade ones are just config file changes iirc.

Reactions: micro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1