Hacking Accidental update now what

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey I had my old 3ds with Cfw not fully sure what I had on it I know I have rxtools but not sure what else. My buddy did the update when he went to play and now it goes to boot up shows the writing stuff, coloured screens then the rxtools screen flashes then all goes black. Is there any hope?

D

Deleted User

if you still have a 9.2 sysnand then drop RXTools (which you should have ages ago) and install a9lh

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
hey I had my old 3ds with Cfw not fully sure what I had on it I know I have rxtools but not sure what else. My buddy did the update when he went to play and now it goes to boot up shows the writing stuff, coloured screens then the rxtools screen flashes then all goes black. Is there any hope?
Why do you still have RXTools? I think you're shit out of luck. Sorry

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Switch to Luma3DS. The best way is by following this guide: http://3ds.guide/
You can also just download the latest Luma3DS hourly from here: https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Extract boot.3dsx (from the menuhax folder), Luma3DS.dat (from the mset-spider folder) and arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card. Upon reboot the Luma3DS config should show up, enable "Show current NAND in System Settings" and press start.
His sysNAND isn't updated, he just needs to switch to Luma.

Reactions: kasek

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
You can also just download the latest Luma3DS hourly from here: https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Extract boot.3dsx (from the menuhax folder), Luma3DS.dat (from the mset-spider folder) and arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card. Upon reboot the Luma3DS config should show up, enable "Show current NAND in System Settings" and press start.

Ah, ok, misunderstood OP.

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Because I don't use it often and haven't played it for months

I'll take a look at these links and hopefully figure it out thank you

Edit: so do the first link to install? Then second links and what you have there is when I want to update luma down the road?

Last edited by kasek,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I don't use it often and haven't played it for months

I'll take a look at these links and hopefully figure it out thank you

Edit: so do the first link to install? Then second links and what you have there is when I want to update luma down the road?
The first sentence/link is what you should do to install A9LH.
The second part is a quick fix to use Luma with your current menuhax setup.

I'd recommend following the guide as A9LH offers numerous advantages over menuhax.

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'd recommend following the guide as A9LH offers numerous advantages over menuhax.

Ok thanks, ill install A9LH then and get rid of menuhax

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm having difficulty getting into sysnand to do the install. I know the emunand was loaded up when it got updated but when I go to get into sysnand some writing comes up and then the screen flashes green and then yellow (sometimes it freezes here) then if it gets past it will freeze on a red screen and then that's that... any ideas

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having difficulty getting into sysnand to do the install. I know the emunand was loaded up when it got updated but when I go to get into sysnand some writing comes up and then the screen flashes green and then yellow (sometimes it freezes here) then if it gets past it will freeze on a red screen and then that's that... any ideas
Sounds like a boot loop to me. You need to uninstall menuhacks first by changing your theme, then you need to either use Soundhax or another free entrypoint to access homebrew and continue.

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like a boot loop to me. You need to uninstall menuhacks first by changing your theme, then you need to either use Soundhax or another free entrypoint to access homebrew and continue.

thanks I actually got on and got to homebrew launcher however I cant download the CTRTransfer file as I cant seem to connect to any peers for the download... anyone know of a place to download it

Last edited by kasek,

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try to use a different torrent client.

that worked, I ran udsploit and it said success to I pressed start and ran safehax like it says and I get
[!] PM INIT FAILED!
Press [START] to exit

Edit: ran decrypt9wip to back up nand but I cant get to CTRtransfer there isn't an option in decrypt9wip

Last edited by kasek,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that worked, I ran udsploit and it said success to I pressed start and ran safehax like it says and I get
[!] PM INIT FAILED!
Press [START] to exit

Edit: ran decrypt9wip to back up nand but I cant get to CTRtransfer there isn't an option in decrypt9wip
Sysnand options> CTRNAND Transfer> Auto CTRNAND Transfer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0