Accessories Pack

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rob_da_bank, May 30, 2007.

May 30, 2007

Accessories Pack by rob_da_bank at 10:17 AM (998 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. rob_da_bank
    OP

Newcomer rob_da_bank Member

Australia
    Has anyone had any problems with buying these packs - you know the ones...1 to 9 accessories or 1 to 15 accessories in a pack - i've seen a couple of brands around - joytech and futuretronics and some other 3rdp ones available in aust - just want some opinions on the best brand to buy that is not too expensive...does hori have a pack?? I'm more interested in a case soft or hard doesnt matter - a usb charger - a screen cloth wiper - maybe some screen protectors but thats it..dont need the earphones the 3 extra stylus the games cases etc...or am i better to buy them individually? just thought maybe might save some cash buying in a pack...

thnx in advance for any help

Cheers from downunder

Disp. [​IMG]

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    They usually have very poor quality components. The stuff will work - but obviously it isn't as good as the real thing (or Nintendo licensed stuff, eg. Hori)

A friend of mine uses 3rd party styluses (don't remember the brand), and it scratches his screen like hell, but maybe that's because he really likes the spinwheels in EBA/Ouendan. Better safe than sorry [​IMG]

Also, screen protectors are usually shit in these kind of packs.

3. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    3rd earth has a good pack. Most come with a car charger which is a good additon(the car charger also doubles as a USB charger). I bought my one (3rd earth) for the good case. Its made oout of foam and can take alot

4. rob_da_bank
    OP

Australia
    hey thnx guys for the quick replys' - yeah saw the 3rd earth ones at EB...not too bad but will have to shop around a bit as they only had 'pink' version...

i was a bit worried about getting non-licensed stuff - would love to get hori branded gear but when i have searched on play-asia can't find a pack only single items...

only had the dsl for a couple of mnths and need to get it all kitted out with some protector gear...before i drop it..

cheers

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Since you have a good idea of what you want I'd say buy them separately. Stuff in packs tends to be low quality and you can't get a good look at the cases before you buy them, you run the risk of buying something then finding out it's no good and having to buy separate ones anyway. Screen protectors from a pack will be rubbish, and you can grab a suitable cleaning cloth from anywhere that sells glasses (or a relative who wears glasses and is chucking out their old ones [​IMG] ). So that just leaves one case and a USB charger.

6. rob_da_bank
    OP

Australia
    sweet thnx bro...yeah looks like the best option i guess...plus play-asia looks reasonable cheap for proper hori stuff plus delivery isnt too bad...cheers

7. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I got an ultra cheap $18 15-in-one deal at JB hi-fi a while back. Futuretronics one. i haven't seen the exact same one around since, but similar ones i have.

The USB charger cable and Charging Stand (which looks cool) work perfect.
    The plastic DS covering thingo is "Ok" but it prevents the DS from closing 100% perfectly, so not ideal.
    The Styluses are fine, pretty close to the original, but the tips are slightly different material. I can't say how they affect the screen, because i use a screen protector and i reccomend using one too.
    The screen protectors are again "ok" there is two parts to them (two layers) but i only use the first layer as the second layer leaves a gap between the screen and the protector and thus affexts touch screen usage. The protectors wear out fairly easily (scratches), but mine came with a few scare spares which were useful.
    Wrist strap worked fine, BUT mine broke one day at the part where material is glued to plastic (but it's not surprising considering i was swinging my DS around on it in the air XD)
    DS/GBA game case is reasonable. Unfortunately it only fits normal sized gba carts in it, not lite sized. NDS games fit fine and there is a stylus pocket inside too.
    The DS plastic case is fairly basic, also has a pocket, but if your DS has another layer on it it will not likely fit inside.

Overall, most of the stuff was medium or cheap quality, apart from the chargers which work awesome. Game holder is pretty good too.

I'd give my pack about a 7/10 but for the discounted price it was definitely worth it. The packs i've seen around are not identical to mine BTW i don't know all the differences.

I recommend that you make sure you carefully read what you are getting in the pack, and if you are considering a futuretronics pack, maybe don't spend more than $25 on it.

8. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    3rd Earth has a gret pack at Toys R Us. I bought my one for the foam case. It also came with headphones and 3 DS game cases for 14.95AUD