Homebrew Accessing the Eshop from EmuNAND?

xWaterLily

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, sorry if this is a "noob" question but can I go on the Eshop on my EmuNAND?

I have sysNAND on 9.2 and my EmuNAND at 10.5 via CakeFW on an O3DS

I was just wondering if me going on the Eshop on my EmuNAND will effect anything on cakes?
what will happen if I try to go on the Eshop on my sysNAND?
If I change/buy a theme on EmuNAND will that effect anything/ am I able to do that at all?
Can themes be installed via CIA?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey guys, sorry if this is a "noob" question but can I go on the Eshop on my EmuNAND?

I have sysNAND on 9.2 and my EmuNAND at 10.5 via CakeFW on an O3DS

I was just wondering if me going on the Eshop on my EmuNAND will effect anything on cakes?
what will happen if I try to go on the Eshop on my sysNAND?
If I change/buy a theme on EmuNAND will that effect anything/ am I able to do that at all?
Can themes be installed via CIA?
yes, you can. nothing happen.

Reactions: Shadowfied
D

Diagamma

1. Yes. You just need to have your NNID linked on both sys and emuNAND.
2. Nope, no problem.
3. Shouldn't cause any problems, but don't mess with your sysNAND.
4. You can freely change your theme on emuNAND.
5. Yep.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
So that will link them again but how do I go about unlinking?
Do I have to reformat again?
I don't know if doing that, emu and sys will be linked again, but if they were, you would need to format emu or sys again to unlink

Last edited by Arubaro,

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't sign into nnid on sysnand when its on 9.2
When you try, it will tell you to first update, which will take your sysnand off 9.2
But if there is a way to sign in on 9.2 without having to update, I'm sure we'd both like to know.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You can't sign into nnid on sysnand when its on 9.2
When you try, it will tell you to first update, which will take your sysnand off 9.2
But if there is a way to sign in on 9.2 without having to update, I'm sure we'd both like to know.
It can be done, but it's kinda pointless. You just have to flash the latest NVER and CVER then access it through HANS. @OP: Just sign into your NNID on EmuNAND and you'll be good to go. No formatting necessary.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just make a backup of your emunand with the emunand9 tool and then format your emunand with tinyformat. Go through all the tedious first steps process and then restore your emunand backup. From here you can now link your nnid on emunand and enjoy the eshop and miiverse.

D

Diagamma

So that will link them again but how do I go about unlinking?
Do I have to reformat again?
Linking your NNID doesn't link your NANDs.
Juste install the latest NVER on your sysNAND, connect to your nnid on it and profit. (assuming you formatted your sysNAND to unlink them)

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Sign into your NNID in System Settings in EmuNAND. If you get an error when you try to open the eShop even though you signed in, then you format SysNAND without TinyFormat. All you need to do is backup your EmuNAND (EmuNANDTool, Multi NAND Tool, EmuNAND9, your choice) and Nintendo 3DS folder on the SD card, then format EmuNAND normally through System Settings. Let it format, then do initial setup, then sign into your NNID. When that's done, it's linked to your hardware ID, so just go ahead and inject the EmuNAND backup you made (the .bin file) and put your Nintendo 3DS folder and everything will be back the way it was and you can access the eShop and all and any network features :)

xWaterLily

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sign into your NNID in System Settings in EmuNAND. If you get an error when you try to open the eShop even though you signed in, then you format SysNAND without TinyFormat. All you need to do is backup your EmuNAND (EmuNANDTool, Multi NAND Tool, EmuNAND9, your choice) and Nintendo 3DS folder on the SD card, then format EmuNAND normally through System Settings. Let it format, then do initial setup, then sign into your NNID. When that's done, it's linked to your hardware ID, so just go ahead and inject the EmuNAND backup you made (the .bin file) and put your Nintendo 3DS folder and everything will be back the way it was and you can access the eShop and all and any network features :)

I'll try this a little laters ( maybe tomorrow) Thanks for the in-dept advice!

EDIT : Thanks! I followed your advice and now I can get on the Eshop when ever I like!

Last edited by xWaterLily,
Reactions: Shadowfied

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm