access out of region eshop?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by weatMod, May 13, 2016.

1. weatMod
    OP

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    ok i just tried to go to the eshop on my N3ds XL and it is an AU region console and i am in the US, i have reinand/emunand running and when i go to get on eshop i get a message that says "service not available in your region" ,now i could swear this did not happen before but i can't remember now cause i have 2 US consoles too and i hardly ever use the eshop since CFW , i only used it to try out CIAngel
    so is this normal and can i access AU eshop in US without changing my consoles region? like use a proxy or something? i could swear it was working before

do i have to change my consoles region? or is there a way to set up a proxy and make it think i am in AU?

2. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    As far as i know, I don't think its possible. I would LOVE for someone to prove me wrong, because I have 2 Jpn 3DSs that I would love to be able to acess the US shops from.

weatMod likes this.
  3. Ikki Barri

Ikki Barri GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2015
    I have a US vanilla 3DS and can access the US eshop just fine from the UK. I'm guessing it's something to do with the emunand. Is the region set to AU in the settings? Some countries don't have eshop access so that would produce that error.

weatMod likes this.
  4. ootnes2

ootnes2 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
  5. weatMod
    OP

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    yes thanks that worked
    i don't know how that setting got changed

do you know if it is safe to update emunand to latest FW using reinand?

6. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Yes, it's safe, it seems that all CFW (including GateWay's) support the 11.0 version
    But you can do a backup of your emunand partition using tools like emunand9 through homebrew launcher, I'd recommend doing a backup before updating the emunand (also do a backup of you sysnand if you missed/couldn't find the one you prolly made befory using homebrews/CFW).

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki, May 13, 2016
    weatMod likes this.