FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Humans by and large can only count to three and xbox one is longer than that, also most people aspire to be as bone idle as I (inspirational material) so we need a short form. For added fun we also have the issue of the original xbox technically also being the xbox 1 in retrospect but that is a different matter. Thankfully "original xbox" seems to be used often enough as it is.

Today we are here to discuss the accepted short forms the xbox one name will take
Candidates so far

The one -- has the added perk of being able to be used with toff form English (one needs to get your one out and play with it, this one broke their one, this one's one is not seeing any use) but is a bit vague and is also the name of a somewhat underrated Jet Li film.
The XB1 -- sadly it already gained some traction as the short form of the original xbox.
The X-Bone -- 2 or 3 letters is ideal, 4 is a stretch and ideally wants to be an acronym or word but 5 (and maybe a bit of punctuation) is pushing it a bit far for the lazy. On the other hand x-bone is the puerile type's (and let us face it we are all that) ideal name. Discussions on the suitability of "the bone" also want to happen.
XBO -- better but puerile types have surely moved beyond BO and thus is not ideal there (dick jokes never get old). On the other hand XB.... Oh yeah is possible.
The xbox -- though "playing nintendo"/"playing sega" is considered quaint and American it seems "playing xbox" and "playing playstation" have some traction. If we are to eventually hack, mod and otherwise fiddle with these things this is not ideal though.

Attempts to still use 720, infinity or some such will not be accepted -- if nothing else look how many people still call the Wii (a truly abysmal name) the revolution in serious conversation.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Humans by and large can only count to three and xbox one is longer than that, also most people aspire to be as bone idle as I (inspirational material) so we need a short form. For added fun we also have the issue of the original xbox technically also being the xbox 1 in retrospect but that is a different matter. Thankfully "original xbox" seems to be used often enough as it is.

Today we are here to discuss the accepted short forms the xbox one name will take
Candidates so far

The one -- has the added perk of being able to be used with toff form English (one needs to get your one out and play with it, this one broke their one, this one's one is not seeing any use) but is a bit vague and is also the name of a somewhat underrated Jet Li film.
The XB1 -- sadly it already gained some traction as the short form of the original xbox.
The X-Bone -- 2 or 3 letters is ideal, 4 is a stretch and ideally wants to be an acronym or word but 5 (and maybe a bit of punctuation) is pushing it a bit far for the lazy. On the other hand x-bone is the puerile type's (and let us face it we are all that) ideal name. Discussions on the suitability of "the bone" also want to happen.
XBO -- better but puerile types have surely moved beyond BO and thus is not ideal there (dick jokes never get old). On the other hand XB.... Oh yeah is possible.
The xbox -- though "playing nintendo"/"playing sega" is considered quaint and American playing xbox or playing playstation has some traction. If we are to eventually hack, mod and otherwise fiddle with these things this is not ideal.

Attempts to still use 720, infinity or some such will not be accepted -- if nothing else look how many people still call the Wii (a truly abysmal name) the revolution in serious conversation.

Everytime I hear "The One" I think of The Matrix.

Can't we just call it "the only console to ever exist that doesn't require an internet connection, but requires an internet connection" ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everytime I hear "The One" I think of The Matrix.

Can't we just call it "the only console to ever exist that doesn't require an internet connection, but requires an internet connection" ?

Would that not be technically incorrect?
onlive1.jpg

Also people still remember the matrix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins