ROM Hack AC:NL Map editing help for people on 9.5.0-22U or higher and with a powersaves

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,393
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
WARNING, IF YOU ARE ON AN EXPLOITABLE FIRMWARE, DO NOT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

So, you wanted to map edit and turns out that you can't because of the new updates.
Well I have a way around that... If you have a 3DS powersaves, (US ONLY, BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY VERSION I HAVE!!!)
Create a new backup and name it the name of your town and mayor name.
Then go into the powersaves folder and locate the latest one.
If you don't know where it is, I'll give an example.
EXAMPLE: Desktop/username (ex: Jayson)/Powersaves 3DS/
There you will find all of your backups of all games.
To know which one is which,
EDGE8274669F(your town name)
EDGE is the game ID of AC:NL (us version only).
Once you locate the new created backup, send it to me in this thread and let me know what changes you want.
Things I will do (as of now).
Remove Rocks
Change villagers
Add trees
Remove buried items + remove weeds
Add any items (ex: Villager pics and mannequins)
Add badges
Restore island
Add all PWPs to the list
Change house size
Remove reset center.
You can choose ANY of those listed just above.
Things I will NEVER do:
Remove villagers (bricked my game before)
Move pwps
Change town name
Change player name
add a custom TPC pic

WARNING: I WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED TO YOUR GAME!!!!
If your game gets bricked, I will send you the unmodified backup that you sent to me!

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
...How are you planning on getting around the "saves have cartridge-unique encryption" issue?
I'm not, I'm putting their backup in my powersaves folder, then I use the powersaves to download their save to my cartridge, then i'll use the ram editor to do the mods. Then i'all backup the modded save and send it to them.
Then they can use the restore function to apply the mods to their game!

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not, I'm putting their backup in my powersaves folder, then I use the powersaves to download their save to my cartridge, then i'll use the ram editor to do the mods. Then i'all backup the modded save and send it to them.
You can't. Each cart has it's own unique key. Others' saves won't work on your game.

Reactions: signz

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So what you're offering to do won't work at all, is what you're saying.

Every cartridge has unique save encryption -- you can't use powersaves to play a backup from Cartridge A on Cartridge B.

Reactions: AHP_person

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So what you're offering to do won't work at all, is what you're saying.

Every cartridge has unique save encryption -- you can't use powersaves to play a backup from Cartridge A on Cartridge B.
welllll....technically im pretty sure there is a unique header dumper for powersaves, so someone with a GW could inject the unique header and save from the user into their rom, do save hacks then dump the save that would still be signed for that cart......but that process is not what the OP is describing, and idk if he even has a gateway card to do that

but anyways its a big elaborate scheme for somthing thats easily solved by saying "dont update your console next time, you only have yourself to blame :evil:"

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I find this very generous for you to do! :) Most people would just be like, "sorry sucka cuz u updated"
I would help with this (moving peoples pwps and deleting villagers) but I don't have a powersaves

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I find this very generous for you to do! :) Most people would just be like, "sorry sucka cuz u updated"
I would help with this (moving peoples pwps and deleting villagers) but I don't have a powersaves
edit: changing town and player name is easy, just use the replace function, or use that acnl editor (not Marc's, the one for patterns and text)
edit: SHOOT i pressed reply, i've been doing service hours all morning

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U