My wife updated her AC:NH xci game to 1.4.1 using the standard SX OS built in installer, and after this, opening the game says that her save data was corrupted. Opening her save data in save editors however seems to show no errors whatsoever. This is the order of things that happened and how we approached the situation.
- XCI is updated to 1.4.1, game says save data is corrupted and we have to delete and start over.
- NSZ version of the game is installed, same results.
- Save data is extracted, then injected back, still corrupted.
- Save data is extracted, the amount of bells is modified, now we can't open the game as it shows as corrupted in the Switch menu.
- NSZ is re installed, now the game can be opened but it still says our save data is corrupted.