Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abs_gp001.png

For those of you who are jailbreakers and need to be outside of Apple's control, there is a new tool just released today by the famous Jailbreak teams (chronic dev team, iphone team, and pod2g) just released today Absinthe 2.0, this tool covers iOS 5.1.1 and all devices pertaining to it even the new iPad 3 Retina Display, (only exception is AppleTV3 is not hackable yet)

Go here to download for Mac, PC, and Linux, if you are tethered jailbroken (A4 and lower devices) use cydia to untether with rocky corona
icon11.gif
Source : http://greenpois0n.com/

Reactions: 3 people

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently untethered on 5.0.1. If I update to 5.1.1 official before doing this (which is obviously required), what exactly would I lose? I have several Cydia apps and extensions, as well as a few cracked apps. Mainly concerned about the cracked apps and their respective saves.

Reactions: 1 person

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you go to itunes and just do an update you wont lose anything the iOS update doesnt delete anything then once you update use absinte tool or do tether jailbreak blah blah blah and jailbreak and install your tweaks again

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm currently untethered on 5.0.1. If I update to 5.1.1 official before doing this (which is obviously required), what exactly would I lose? I have several Cydia apps and extensions, as well as a few cracked apps. Mainly concerned about the cracked apps and their respective saves.
You lose anything installed through Cydia and their settings. You MAY lose the cracked apps, but their saves should remain. I say may because in the instructions it says you should do a backup and full format, but if you do that you can't copy the cracked apps back.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cracked apps should restore back along with their saves after the jailbreak, but I've had it fail and mess up before. I suggest using DataDeposiit from Cydia to backup your save files to Dropbox, just to be safe.
Most Cydia tweaks' settings will be saved, but you will have to re install the tweak itself.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Gave up jailbreaking when I took like a whole day to undo it before selling my iPhone 4.

I'm fine behind bars on my iPhone 4S. Going to give this a miss.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
first time ios user. how do u install downloaded ipad apps with pc?

Ehm you need appsync. (download via Cydia)

There's a program for iPad where you can download any app free of charge.(I can't mention it for legal issues.) Search on youtube for:

How to get free apps on an ipad

then select the video which says something about free apps for iPod, iPhone and iPad

'How to get free apps on (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) on Firmware 5.0+'

don't have IOS 5.0+ don't worry it can also be installed on lower firmwares. Shoot me a message if you have an questions.

If you don't want this, install appsync for your firmware, then you can install any app from your PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: