Gaming ABP has "accpetable advertising" setting now.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice idea. I sometimes feel a little guilty about blocking ads. But I still do it, cause ads suck. Although, this doesn't seem to be in the Chrome version yet?

Reactions: 1 person

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Must read changelogs properly more often- thanks for alerting me to this. Debating now whether to leave it on or off for clients when I sort their machines out but I have got lazy this year and switched to automated installs (got to love mozbackup) of all the addons and such. Also I guess I have to wonder what will slip through when wound together with my usual selection of ghostery, requestpolicy, beef taco, noscript and greasemonkey not to mention with flash finally thinking about going downhill.
I do hope however they achieve their goal of making adverts a bit nicer for all concerned, I wish there was a better/easier way of monetising websites but I suppose I have to be a realist.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol, I sort of misread the title as "APB" the game... anyways, good for people with limited bandwidth.

One question though, will this block those video ads that play before a youtube video starts..?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
lol, I sort of misread the title as "APB" the game... anyways, good for people with limited bandwidth.

One question though, will this block those video ads that play before a youtube video starts..?
It seems to for me, but that might be a result of flashblock or something instead.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
can't believe there's a K-Meleon build but not an Opera build
Opera has its own ad blocker.
yeah I know there's a Block Content feature, but this looks like it has more features and I just found the K-meleon build odd. on the other hand, the K-meleon community may be small, but some of the people there are really active, so maybe someone just adjusted the Firefox code to it, or helped the makers adjust the code.

not that I block ads anyway. I used to have a decent HOSTS file for that, but I dont use it anymore, so the sites I go can have their revenue. the blocking ad videos could be useful tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1