Gaming About wii accessories, is there a limit?

Hillsy_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There seems to be so many accessories for the Wii. Gaming is getting so expensive nowadays. Then again, I remember importing Snes games was expensive too. Wii have the Wii Remote (Standard), the Wii Zapper, the Wii Wheel to be released with Mario Kart, the Wii Guitar, even some minature Wii baseball, tennis racket remotes...the list seems endless.. Next we'll have the table tennis bat, probably even a full size baseball bat when Mario Baseball is released.. I also hear that Samba De Amigo will be released for the Wii, Wii Maracus... my head is spinning..

Don't we pay enough for the games already, anybody any thoughts?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually.. SEGA said that they'll not be releasing maracas for the Wii.. you'll just use the Wiiremote.

About accessories.. when I first saw the Wii.. I thought that the purpose of the Wii controls were to substitute all those accessories with a big generic one that already comes with your console. Anyway, most of them are just pieces of plastic and are completely unnecessary.

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
IMO those are mere attempts to cash in. I think that Nintendo conceived the Mote/Chuk duo exactly to provide everything you might need when playing Wii games. Does a plastic "air steering wheel" really improve your gaming experience? What about a plastic sword, or a racket, or a bat, or anything like it? They'll just make the Wiimote heavier and harder to play on a long run. I haven't played Guitar Hero on my Wii, but i have a guitar for my PS2 and think that that's probably the only accessory worth purschasing (maybe the zapper and the maracas could be added here, but I'm not sure about it).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Does a plastic "air steering wheel" really improve your gaming experience?
Yes.

happy.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Really? What wheel model and which games did you use it on?
A home-made styrofoam wheel, and I'm afraid I only used it in Excite Truck (and the cow racing in Wi Play, and the bore racing in Rayman, but does that even count?), and I can say that it really as more fun that way than playing without it
happy.gif
I'm looking forward to using it in other racing games.

I'm not justifying spending money on the tons of accessories they are currently spouting out at a daily basis, but some accessories can make games more enjoyable.

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Really? What wheel model and which games did you use it on?
I'm not justifying spending money on the tons of accessories they are currently spouting out at a daily basis, but some accessories can make games more enjoyable.

Yeah, I got that. I only wanted to make sure you were not joking about the wheel. I have a Logitech Wheel on my pc and it works great, providing a MUCH better experience than a keyboard does. I only thought it should be pretty awkward to use a wheel that is not attached to anything, and how on earth that could help. Is it only because of the better grip?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You forgot the wii fit board. Because why go outside and exercise for free when you can stand still on a board and pretend to in your living room for $80?

Seriously, it's all ridiculous. And like Cockroach man said I thought the point of the wii was to use the wii-motes as a replacement to accessories. It essentially IS a light-gun, a steering wheel, a tennis racket, a baseball bat. But like they say "there's a sucker born every minute", so why not try to sell them cheap useless plastic things?

Hillsy_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
but the sword/bat/racket....what for?

Its' for Wii Sports, you can get them here in the U.K. A small Wii Racket and Baseball bat not sword but....they have just released some boxing gloves!

One question I would like to ask, who will be buying Mario Kart when it is released? It does look pretty and it does go at some speed, but will you buy it with the Wii Wheel?

QUOTEYou forgot the wii fit board

So I did
wink.gif
They love it over in Japan.

Now howabout a Light saber accessory..
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Admit it !

you secretly do ... well it would be good to try for the force unleashed !
Won't the Wii version use the pointer function to manipulate objects with Force? And the huge plastic dong covering the camera, you lose the pointer function. So, no Force Unleashed. LEGO Star Wars, on the other hand...
happy.gif

(Under "User reviews" some random idiot wrote that the lightsaber attachment "disables the motion sensor". Obviously, he has not a clue as to how exactly the magical "Wiimote" works, but I'm led to believe that he has difficulties understanding how a roll of toilet paper works either. Moron.)

As for lightsaber attachments: Vastly superior!
laugh.gif

camy_swords_07wwu.jpg

Force Unleashed, here I come!

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They are some Kick ass Sabres !

But im tbhinking that using the 'force' is never done with the light sabre ! so as long as the fighting is done with the motion control then i'm happy !

I think it would be best to have the light sabre controls like Links sword in Twilight Princess and 'Using the force' like the Grappling control in Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption (That just feels satisfying to me ) locking on to something with Z and jolting the chuck forward (like a jedi would to knock a few storm troopers over

It might hamper the movement having to have the Chuck connected hmmm would be great tho !

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That's enough if you only want to push stuff, but in Force Unleashed you play as a Sith apprentice, right? So you get to use Froce choke, grip, pull, push, you have more control than merely sweeping the crowd aside, so you'd need the pointer function to precisely manipulate objects (and people).

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
The only 3 that are worth any attention IMO are the Wii Zapper, the Wii Guitar and the Wii Fit board. Even then, the only reason why the Wii Zapper should be looked at is because it comes with Link's Crossbow Training.

Hillsy_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well even though this topic has been and gone I thought I would re-surface it alittle, why? Well... now we have Wii Music, Wii Speak & Wii Motion Plus, Rock Band, GHIV etc... Wait for it, Mario Sluggers with a baseball bat.. I think I need two bank accounts when owning a Wii.. one for the games and the other for the accessories..
smile.gif

Its' true though.. I thought we purchased the remote & chuk for the revolutionary controls not the extra accessories we have to buy. I know it is optional, but how deep does your wallet have to be.

I'm waiting for Mario Pinball where we need flippers or paddles as controllers...

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I've seen some of these before, the ones that were actually useless. You know, the ones that just fit over the Wiimote itself, like the baseball attachment or tennis thingy...or those, but with Nerf on them! (and here I was under the impression that you weren't supposed to play so close to others!) Can't beat the sword and shield combo, though.

I've heard that the Wii Zapper is okay but the trigger isn't very responsive; I don't own one so...I've heard a lot about the other gun attachments too, though I seemed to get through both Resident Evils and Metroid Prime without it.

I don't use the Wiil myself, but Dad does, and he's gotten better at MarioKart using that control setup than I have. Naturally, I do better than him if I have a GC controller. =P I think it'd work a little better if the wheel was mounted to something, but then people complain about sitting the wheel on your lap and...yeah.

I'm concerned about Samba de Amigo because I'm a tall guy and I can't get a lot of distance with the Wii cord. Yeah, I don't have to have my arms completely open, but I like it that way. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: