Hacking ABOUT TO Use cfw just to change my profile picture with devmenu, will I get banned?

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is There someone who got banned just for doing this? I’ve seen a ton of people saying they went online and everything and no ban.

Im sorry but thats very obviously stupid to do if youre worried about getting banned you might as well call them and tell em what youre up to...seems trollish

Toasty

Queen
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can and will ban you solely for modifying their system, they don't care if you have zero pirated games or 100. Using any kind of software or hardware modification is a violation of their ToS and they'll hold it against you.

Reactions: Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo can and will ban you solely for modifying their system, they don't care if you have zero pirated games or 100. Using any kind of software or hardware modification is a violation of their ToS and they'll hold it against you.
I just had the funniest vision of Reggie actually holding the guy down and teabaggin' him.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That entirely depends in the country you are from here TOS are illegal and you can legally modify your console any way you want as long as you are not using it for pirated software. So if Nintendo were to ban people just for modding their consoles here they would be breaking the law unless they could provide proof the console had pirated software on it.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That entirely depends in the country you are from here TOS are illegal and you can legally modify your console any way you want as long as you are not using it for pirated software. So if Nintendo were to ban people just for modding their consoles here they would be breaking the law unless they could provide proof the console had pirated software on it.
What if their servers are in a different country?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does not matter tos are totally illegal and can't be enforced its as simple as that lol.
It's still pretty simple for them to ban you anyway. It's a service and they can deny service to anyone they want.
No shirt, no shoes, no unmolested switch, no service.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's still pretty simple for them to ban you anyway. It's a service and they can deny service to anyone they want.
No shirt, no shoes, no unmolested switch, no service.
They could try to but they would be taken to court and they would lose unless they removed the service for every switch ever made they can't deny services to some and not others especially people who did not break the law here. A few years ago Sony and Microsoft lost a court case here where they were refusing to fix in warranty ps3/xbox360s that had been modded. They lost the case and had to pay a huge fine and repair or replace all the consoles they refused to fix. Company's simply won't get away with enforcing TOS here.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Toasty

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by AmandaRose,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Err that's all about piracy and mod chips which are illegal. modding your console with software and using it legally and not for piracy would not be covered in this instance.
Nor would what you said about Sony.
Hardware that you purchased is just that.
If you hardware is banned, it still functions fine, it's the "service" that stops.
And since you purchased the hardware, not the service, I'm led to believe you are sol.
They can deny their "service" to anyone, anytime. You still get to keep the "hardware" you bought.

Also, in that article they state that modding leads to piracy which is why the EU is backing Nintendo. If the software mod can also lead to piracy, it's only a matter of time before that is included, if not already.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nor would what you said about Sony.
Hardware that you purchased is just that.
If you hardware is banned, it still functions fine, it's the "service" that stops.
And since you purchased the hardware, not the service, I'm led to believe you are sol.
They can deny their "service" to anyone, anytime. You still get to keep the "hardware" you bought.
Here Using the service legally they would be breaking the law to deny you the use of it unless they removed the service for everyone. I fully get where you are coming from though and certain aspects of your argument are certainly grey areas when you factor in the fact that here we have Scottish laws then Great British laws and then European laws and all 3 at times contradict each other. It will be easier next year when brexit happens and we have a lot less enforceable European laws.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here Using the service legally they would be breaking the law to deny you the use of it unless they removed the service for everyone. I fully get where you are coming from though and certain aspects of your argument are certainly grey areas when you factor in the fact that here we have Scottish laws then Great British laws and then European laws and all 3 at times contradict each other. It will be easier next year when brexit happens and we have a lot less enforceable European laws.
I guess it's best left for the courts to decide. Meanwhile I'll be hacking and modding and sticking it to the man as usual.

Reactions: AmandaRose

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Just saying, but I can confirm its not an instant ban.
The reason it even works is because they need to actually have an actual user selected image for supporting stuff like mii's and bg colors combinations e.t.c
The only way for you to get a ban with this is:
Report from another player
Someone seeing it on online lobbies e.t.c and reporting you
Nintendo going through the images to see any fishy ones, but long shot of that

Chances are, switch with no internet or doesnt go online in games and u dont release ur Friendcode (as people can see image when adding fc)
then u will be fine with this change

Last edited by PRAGMA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.