Hacking ABOUT TO Use cfw just to change my profile picture with devmenu, will I get banned?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is There someone who got banned just for doing this? I’ve seen a ton of people saying they went online and everything and no ban.
Unnecessarily risky. Is a custom image worth the potential risk?

Or as some people are saying - the inevitable outcome?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad idea. Even if you're lucky and don't get banned immediately, having a custom picture like that would be suspicious at best for Nintendo. You will almost certainly get banned sooner or later.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to think they wouldn't even need to know anything about yours switches statistics or logs. They could just look at your picture profile to know youve been up to something no good.. like shooting fish in a barrel lol

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you’re putting out a straight red flag for Nintendo to see you in the literal sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADokax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
and why would nintendo care for a user who has a custom profile picture? I mean of all the users on the world, how tf they are going to find me? They search and ban guys who play games ilegally....

sorry I Dont know how to explain myself and my english is not the best.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Pluupy and MADokax

MADokax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
but if I use them offline and then I leave no clue that I used homebrew? ? people who got banned with this probably just went online and didnt care about anything

And thanks guys ;;

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and why would nintendo care for a user who has a custom profile picture? I mean of all the users on the world, how tf they are going to find me? They search and ban guys who play games ilegally....

sorry I Dont know how to explain myself and my english is not the best.
your are underestimating Nintendo on that one.

but if I use them offline and then I leave no clue that I used homebrew? ? people who got banned with this probably just went online and didnt care about anything

And thanks guys ;;
No they did not, see the HUB ;D

MADokax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ahhh yes know about what happened with mario odyssey lol...I wouldnt do that

Obviously Nintendo would see that people but what about if I dont do that stuff?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's be factually accurate okay guys? Literally only one person was banned for using homebrew. Not LayeredFS. Not SX OS. But a GBA emulator (I know it was an emulator but I think it was GBA). He also cleared error logs on 5.X which SciresM already stated is unsafe. Everything else besides LayeredFS and SX OS hasn't caused a ban. Yet.

EDIT: I think I also know where the confusion arose from. When the LayeredFS bans were pouring in, 2 users claimed to have only used Homebrew. However, if you go through their posts, you will notice they were trying out LayeredFS. To be safe, I removed them as saying No to using LayeredFS until they tell me otherwise (which they haven't for a few weeks now). So, its down to only one confirmed case which I did ask if he used LayeredFS or not.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s