1. MagitekMayhem

OP MagitekMayhem Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey folks! I was about to try to transfer all my save information from a Day 1 Switch to a new Switch, so I can start trying to install a CFW on the Day 1. I personally bought it on Day 1, and I've verified with its serial that it's good to be modded, but I wanted to make sure: is updating and transferring a profile to a new Switch somehow going to hurt the process of modding the old Switch? My understanding was no, and that all I have to do is transfer like normal and go about the CFW tutorial from there, but I just wanted to verify that wasn't a huge no-no.. Er is there something that I should know about before wanting to do this? I tried looking it up, but everything just asks about transferring between something that's already been hacked; that might be pointing to the idea that mine is a silly question..

The new Switch actually came in the mail today, but I haven't plugged it in yet, because I wasn't sure if it's better or possible to start the transfer the first time it starts up. I wanted to transfer my profiles so I can keep them and freely be able to go online with them (I plan on never going online with my old Switch after installing the CFW.)

About 4 years ago I was successfully able to install CFW onto my 3DS, which was one of the greatest things to ever happen to me, lol. So I do have some experience, but I'm certainly no expert. If I run into trouble, I'll try to keep any additional questions in this topic. Thank you folks for any help/insight! :)

2. teamlocust

teamlocust GBAtemp Regular

India
    is updating and transferring a profile to a new Switch somehow going to hurt the process of modding the old Switch?

No

MagitekMayhem likes this.
  3. MagitekMayhem

OP MagitekMayhem Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    At worst, you will burn some fuses preventing you from taking advantage of a potential untethered coldboot exploit in the future but in the short term, you will still be able to hack it with the tethered coldboot hack.

5. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nothing has been able to stop the original model switch from being hacked, certainly firmware updates haven't. It's likely it will stay this way.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Transfer, Switch,