about to get a vita, questions

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jmhannz, Jun 10, 2017.

1. jmhannz
    OP

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    im familiar with 3ds and wii u hacking, but no vita

after im all set with the hack on 3.6, i assume i can open the hack and it will give an ftp server to the vita where i can access the memory card.
    so i obtained a backup and I want to install it, i can assume i can paste the vpks over FTP and install?... the ftp should be built into the hack?..
    i got senran which came with an update and zip files, two vpks though one saying full game one saying update, i assume i install full game then update? do i have to worry about unzipping or can i just make a senran folder on my SD, install the two VPKs separately then DELETE the folder after its installed?

(noob to doing this) i see there is a vitamin and dump software however are those only needed to create your backups? ive read to install backup vpks you dont need anything...

edit: i also have another game that isnt vpk files, just folders with tons of folders... PCSE00398 and PCSE00398_addc with tons of folder inside etc etc, looks as if its ready to be copied/played? where would this go?

Last edited by jmhannz, Jun 10, 2017
  2. jmhannz
    OP

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    Ok so the vpk and zip files I downloaded for the one title can be ftp to vita after hacked and installed from there or will I need an app on my vita to install vpk. After I hack it. I'm familiar with ftp transferring files to install etc for other consoles

3. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    If it's a VPK you can straight up install it with vitashell.

jmhannz likes this.