Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone
I am thinking about flashing my xBox
unsure.gif

But I'm unsure of somethings.
First, of all, I don't want to buy a bunch of DL discs everytime, so can I use like an external device to run games?
Also, should I wait for the Lite Touch firmware to be out, sounds great, but how long will it take?
My motivation for this is that my warranty just ran out this October, so It doesn't matter to me now
rolleyes.gif

Thanks
ph34r.gif

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZeWarrior said:
Definitely wait, they say it won't be detectable, but obviously we won't know until it comes out. I say wait a few weeks/month for the new iX.
Alright..

Posts merged

Still need help on the games thing though, can I use USB loaders like in the wii?

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well... xbox just got banned...

damnnnn......... =(

should I just update to 1.61 or wait for lite touch... not that it matters anyways.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
67birdman said:
ZeWarrior said:
Definitely wait, they say it won't be detectable, but obviously we won't know until it comes out. I say wait a few weeks/month for the new iX.
Alright..

Still need help on the games thing though, can I use USB loaders like in the wii?

No loaders, games have to be burnt to disc.

QUOTE(popopola @ Nov 15 2009, 12:49 AM)
well... xbox just got banned...

damnnnn......... =(

should I just update to 1.61 or wait for lite touch... not that it matters anyways.

If you're banned, you may as well go to a non-stealth firmware, as then you'll never have to flash again as the non-stealth ones play anything.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Burnt to disk, specifically DVD+R DL disks (can't be single layered). It is currently completely impossible to load from any form of external media like on the Wii. Even if you install a game to the HDD, you have to always have the disk in the drive to start it, and keep it in there whilst playing it. No matter what, you have to burn it.

And I would say don't bother flashing your drive until, at the very least, this ban wave passes over. By the end of it, there should be new firmwares, with lots of happy people to vouch for them, perfect for playing whatever you like. Until then, there are nearly a million people with banned consoles who are unhappy with the current firmwares and with the current verification programs (e.g. abgx and xmulleter) that failed to keep them from being banned this time around.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I guess everything was said...

-Nope, no USB Loaders.
-Stop whining that you have to buy Discs.
-Oh, and I would even wait a few weeks after iXtreme LT is released, to see if it's realy undetectable...that's what I'm going to do...again to buy an XBox is enough...a third time is too much...

yardsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
If you're banned, you may as well go to a non-stealth firmware, as then you'll never have to flash again as the non-stealth ones play anything.

What kind of non-stealth firmware would you suggest? I've got a flagged console and avoiding all the future wave 5,6,etc. problems would be nice.

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Originality said:
Burnt to disk, specifically DVD+R DL disks (can't be single layered). It is currently completely impossible to load from any form of external media like on the Wii. Even if you install a game to the HDD, you have to always have the disk in the drive to start it, and keep it in there whilst playing it. No matter what, you have to burn it.

And I would say don't bother flashing your drive until, at the very least, this ban wave passes over. By the end of it, there should be new firmwares, with lots of happy people to vouch for them, perfect for playing whatever you like. Until then, there are nearly a million people with banned consoles who are unhappy with the current firmwares and with the current verification programs (e.g. abgx and xmulleter) that failed to keep them from being banned this time around.
So when do you speculate this ban wave to be over?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Originality @ Nov 15 2009, 07:07 AM) Burnt to disk, specifically DVD+R DL disks (can't be single layered). It is currently completely impossible to load from any form of external media like on the Wii. Even if you install a game to the HDD, you have to always have the disk in the drive to start it, and keep it in there whilst playing it. No matter what, you have to burn it.

So when do you speculate this ban wave to be over?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."