Homebrew About to downgrade, best and secure way to format my sd card?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for another noobish thread, but i finally got a new 64gb sd card and i'm about to downgrade, but i've readed somewhere that i should format the sd card first to fat32, but not using the default pc tool. Wich program should i use to format it?

Once answered, someone please tell a mod to close this.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go ahead and use the windows format tool, just make sure it says FAT32 not exfat.

if it won't let you use fat32 you might need to get a different program.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for another noobish thread, but i finally got a new 64gb sd card and i'm about to downgrade, but i've readed somewhere that i should format the sd card first to fat32, but not using the default pc tool. Wich program should i use to format it?

Once answered, someone please tell a mod to close this.
Use SD Formatter 4 from sdcard.org (Recommended by Nintendo and Sandisk) and in the Options tab select
Format Type - Full Erase
Format Size Adjustment - On
Then click Format

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go ahead and use the windows format tool, just make sure it says FAT32 not exfat.

if it won't let you use fat32 you might need to get a different program.
It doesn't even recognize the card, it tells me to format the card in order to be able to use it. Should i click accept and then reformat it later?

Use SD Formatter 4 (Recommended by Nintendo and Sandisk) and in the Options tab select
Format Type - Full Erase
Format Size Adjustment - On
Oh, i just was wondering wich program i should use. Thanks!

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't even recognize the card, it tells me to format the card in order to be able to use it. Should i click accept and then reformat it later?

Oh, i just was wondering wich program i should use. Thanks!

yes you should select yes to format, but that concerns me. It is unusual for a new card to appear unformatted. I hope the card isn't bad. you haven't used it before right?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you should select yes to format, but that concerns me. It is unusual for a new card to appear unformatted. I hope the card isn't bad. you haven't used it before right?
It's a new one i just bought. I was reading that the pc sd card reader doesn't support sd cards bigger than 32gb, unless you update the sdxc driver. But anyway, i clicked yes and it formated it to fat32, but with half of its size. I'm reformating it now with sdformatter and it got back it's original size.

Thanks for the help, this should be closed now.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

iceache1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are chances of bricking a N3DS by downgrading? I am tempted to downgrade but do not want to have a paperweight in my hands.. I've never done tubehax and I've only done Menuhax on 10.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y