awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I started my free trial of Netflix the day it came to the 3DS, and after a month liked it so decided to keep paying for it.

I thought it was buggy just because it was knew... but honestly, it's ridiculous.

One of the first things I started to watch was The Hard Times of RJ Berger, and two episodes towards the end of the season play a constant screeching sound, so you can't even watch the episode. I figured they would fix it, but no. They haven't. I came across a few more bugs like that, and now I'm trying to watch The New Guy, and it doesn't play any sound...

Just wondering before I cancel it. Do these work for other people? I've tried several times for both of these, and have restarted my system.

Thanks.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't tend to fix these. The movie "Wedding Daze" has de-synced audio and episode 8 of Gurren Lagann is a duplicate of episode 9, and episode 10 is episode 10, so episode 8 is completely missing. It's not a problem with the 3DS, it's a problem with the Netflix streaming (as the TTGL problem happened when I was watching on the Wii).

But it doesn't bother me that much, I still love Netflix on the 3DS
wub.gif

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not sure about those two, but you can report streaming problems on their website, if you have not already. It could be an issues the 3ds app, have you tried it using your computer? or some other method. If could also be your internet

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It might be because you are watching it on the 3DS. It is littered with Netflix issues right now from what I know, but it is certainly passable. Regardless, I just instant stream on my computer.

Edit: If it is an actual problem with the content, report it, and they'll generally fix it. I've had to report a couple of broken movies, and they fixed them within a week of submitting the problem report.

awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was able to report The New Guy... It won't let me report the other ones for some reason. I think because I haven't watched the recently... I'm not going to open up the episode, listen to screeching just so I can report that the episode doesn't work. That's ridiculous.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I used a free trial also and at first liked Netflix and was going to continue for a year at least. I got into watching Dexter on their and It was nice having all the seasons available to watch at anytime. What happened was a deal breaker, they took all the Dexter seasons off Netflix the next month!!

I hate how they constantly remove movies and television seasons month to month. How as a service can they get people watching multiple season type shows and then just erase um all. I cancelled and won't be back.

awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? I didn't know Dexter was on there. My friend has been trying to get me to watch it. That's ridiculous how they would take it off. It's a show too. It's not like it's one movie.

I don't really like movies to begin with, and was happy Netflix came to the 3DS so I could catch up on some, but I've just been having bad experiences with them.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Seriously? I didn't know Dexter was on there. My friend has been trying to get me to watch it. That's ridiculous how they would take it off. It's a show too. It's not like it's one movie.

I don't really like movies to begin with, and was happy Netflix came to the 3DS so I could catch up on some, but I've just been having bad experiences with them.
It's likely the creators of Dexter that requested they take it off.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, don't bitch.

The instant service is a fantastic addition, but they are only able to show content as long as they are allowed to. They are a service that runs on other people giving them the okay based on how much money Netflix is willing to fork over. Complaining it is the worst service ever because they took off one show you liked and have a handful of problematic productions is fucking ridiculous. The mail service is phenomenal, I've had a single, maybe two complaints regarding the instant service since I started using it two or three years ago, and it is continuously worthwhile.

Want the seasons of shows not on instant? Pay a few more dollars a month to get the DVDs. If you actually make it a point to watch them, you'll run through multiple seasons a month unless your somebody that puts off movies for two weeks at a time.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my sister has a netflix account I'm gonna link it to my wii and 3DS, i won't pay for it personally anymore because i used to have one and they aren't quick enough to fix broken videos when they show up and that can really ruin it for you if you want to watch stuff in proper order.
it tends to be easier to just watch it streamed on the Internet when they mess up like that, not a huge uissue but it can be a real deal breaker.
on another note, it'd be nice if the Pandora Internet radio android app would be ported to the 3DS, then i'd have all the movies and music i could want.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Hm. I noticed Madea Goes To Jail has good audio for 5 minutes, then gets really quiet- even with maxed volume. I should report it.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a really positive experience with my instant Netflix. I signed up to check it out on my 3DS, but I hardly watch anything on the handheld. I dusted off my second Wii system, updated the softmod, and put it in the living room. Now I can watch something on the living room tv, and when I go to bed, I can resume it in my bedroom. It's so easy to justify $7.99 a month, when movie tickets are $10.00, and any new dvd costs way more. I love Netflix, and will continue to use it for a long time, and having access on the 3DS is just a bonus to me.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N.M. ZERO B.C. said:
I used a free trial also and at first liked Netflix and was going to continue for a year at least. I got into watching Dexter on their and It was nice having all the seasons available to watch at anytime. What happened was a deal breaker, they took all the Dexter seasons off Netflix the next month!!

I hate how they constantly remove movies and television seasons month to month. How as a service can they get people watching multiple season type shows and then just erase um all. I cancelled and won't be back.

You don't know how Netflix works do you? Shows and movies have a contract of how long they'll stay. However the shows can and do stay far past the contract date if they are watched enough. Basically it means no one was watching your Dexter and thus it was removed.

Last but not least, make sure when using Netflix you use the search option. I know many family and friends of mine, complain about videos moving w/o using the search. No all video's are displayed at once on the main screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn