About to buy a moded PSP, need advice.

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Overwhelming, Jul 7, 2008.

Jul 7, 2008
  1. Overwhelming
    OP

Member Overwhelming GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    I'm about to buy a PSP Slim + 4GB SanDisc memory card. The PSP already comes with firmware 4.01M33-2.

I'm willing to know if that's a good version, free of any serious bugs. I would like to know if it's possible to change to another version, without using the Pandora Battery.

FInally, I'll leave here a small list of games that I would really like to play (and that made me want to buy the PSP in the first place). Can you tell me if the PSP Slim with the 4.01M33-2 firmware run them good?

- Wild Arms XF
    - Final Fantasy Tactics PSP
    - Final Fantasy VII: Crysis Core
    - Metal Gear Portable Ops
    - God of War PSP
    - R-Type Command
    - Jeanne d'Arc

Finally, do you think that 215€ is a fair price for it? (PSP SLIM with CFW 4.01M33-2, 4GB sandisk memory card, battery and AC charger (no miniUSB cable, headphones or any other extras).

Also... Black or Silver?

Thanks!

2. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's a good version, you don't need a Pandora's Battery to change it (unless you mean downgrade it to like 3.90M33, then IIRC you do)

All PSPs can run all games good, unless even on a UMD they had slowdowns.

I don't think so, I don't know about Europe's PSP prices, but that's almost twice the price of a PSP here. 4GB MS is only about 13-20€ ($20-30), modding it should only cost about that much too.

Black.

3. Overwhelming
    OP

Portugal
    Just to give you an idea, a PSP costs 170€ in a store (a Nintendo DS costs 153€ with no games either). A Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 1GB costs 25€ (I have no idea how much costs the 4GB SanDisk one, but I guess it's more expensive(?)).

4. myuusmeow

United States
    Then I guess it's a great price, since the base price is that high (!) and its modded and has a MS.

5. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    When living in Europe, lets just say that HAS TO BE A GOOD DEAL .>

6. Overwhelming
    OP

Portugal
    Let's just say that we, europeans, got used to be raped like this. It's unfair, but what can we do?

BTW, what do you think is the best color? Black or Silver? I already have a black NDS, so I was thinking about silver for PSP, but then I thought maybe a bright background can be distracting? On the other hand, the shiny black color makes dust and risks more visible, no?

7. myuusmeow

United States
    I have a white one, even brighter than silver. [​IMG] It's not distracting imo. Black does make fingerprints more obvious, but it doesn't really matter. It's up to you.

8. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    order a psp skin from bestskinsever.com and you'll never have to worry about it

they're awesome

ps, black