Hacking About to buy a 3ds flashcard for the first time...

Zefron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hello I'm about to buy a flashcard for my 3ds for the first time and would like to know if there is anything I must know before using a flashcard, like preventing bricking and problems. I used to have a DSTwo and Acekard for my DSi but it seems thing have changed for the 3ds. At this point in time i'm leaning towards the DSTwo+ becuase my Original 3ds is on v9.0.0-20e and it seems like to me that the DSTwo+ supports multi 3ds, DS and GBA roms and thats exactly what im looking for. So any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

D

Deleted User

Hello I'm about to buy a flashcard for my 3ds for the first time and would like to know if there is anything I must know before using a flashcard, like preventing bricking and problems. I used to have a DSTwo and Acekard for my DSi but it seems thing have changed for the 3ds. At this point in time i'm leaning towards the DSTwo+ becuase my Original 3ds is on v9.0.0-20e and it seems like to me that the DSTwo+ supports multi 3ds, DS and GBA roms and thats exactly what im looking for. So any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
DSTwo+ has been known to cause bricks. Their 3DS rom support is just "tricking" the Gateway flashcard launcher to run with a DSTwo card. However, gateway has found a way to detect it, and bricks the console, or makes the launcher not work. If you want a multi-rom menu, your only chance is to buy a Gateway Flashcard. If you don't want to do that, you can buy a sky3ds for exploit free launching, but no software rom switcher. Alternatively you could use a free CFW, but that only works with .cia files. As for ds roms, just get a cheap $5 r4 for that, thats what I did. GBA roms should be capable on CFW/Gateway, but not entirely sure..

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your input. Looks like im gonna play it safe and buy a gateway.
I got a gateway and still use customer firmwares, pasta/rxtool, but nothing beats gateway.. i love the cheat menu and in game menu. I still try to use cia files over .3ds roms, gateway drains the battery but I just push it out and all is good.

D

Deleted User

I forgot to mention, to avoid console bans, you should get yourself a private header. Just go to your local walmart or gamestop or something and buy a five dollar game (Angrybirds?). Once you have your game you should dump it with the gateway launcher card dump option. Then take the header from it using the Gateway Rom Patcher and apply it to your roms using that same tool.

Edit: If you go Sky3DS, this is also a concern, so always remember to use private headers, not public.

Last edited by ,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a little knowledge gateway installs its own cfw (that it needs to run) and gateway is cool with its in game cheat system and all . . . but if all you wanted was to pirate 3ds games you can save a few dollars (or invest it in a bigger sd card) and use a free cfw [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

bricks with gateway (just like from any other cfw) are rare & caused by user error (doing things without reading first)

but more on the topic gateway is your best flashcard option . . . but i would go with the free cfw (and a bigger sd card)

if your goal it truly to avoid bricks then you would want a sky3ds
like the flashcards on the ds/dsi/dslite/dsixl it does not install anything at all to the console

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I got a gateway and still use customer firmwares, pasta/rxtool, but nothing beats gateway.. i love the cheat menu and in game menu. I still try to use cia files over .3ds roms, gateway drains the battery but I just push it out and all is good.
I didn't know the gateway card drained power that bad, but thinking about it now, that makes sense. O-0 The more you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu