Hacking About to buy a 2nd hand Switch,Please advise

Bonobhoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Appologies if this is incorrect part of forum.

Hi i already own a Switch,but its unpatchable and on latest firmware.

I was about to purchase a 2nd hand Switch, XAJ 70001....and patch it to run downloaded games.

1.Checking the pages on tutorials this version XAJ 70001 should be ok to patch? Nothing has changed?

2.Does it matter what firmware is on it? ie What if its the latest firmware will i still be able to run Hacked games?Homebrew?

3.When i am ready to hack and install Atmosphere,i see i need an SD card to install the patches etc,would i use a 128GB SD card for this and then install games on it afterwards? Or do i need a small 32gb to install the hacks and then plug in another SD card with the games installed?

4.If i use multiple SD cards is it just as easy as downloading games ,installing on SD card then plugging sd card into switch and run?

5.Does Atmosphere run the hacked Switch games?Is there any up to date video tutorials i can use?

Im trying to follow tutorials but getting a little confused on a few things,some are over a year old for instance.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Appologies if this is incorrect part of forum.

Hi i already own a Switch,but its unpatchable and on latest firmware.

I was about to purchase a 2nd hand Switch, XAJ 70001....and patch it to run downloaded games.

1.Checking the pages on tutorials this version XAJ 70001 should be ok to patch? Nothing has changed?

2.Does it matter what firmware is on it? ie What if its the latest firmware will i still be able to run Hacked games?Homebrew?

3.When i am ready to hack and install Atmosphere,i see i need an SD card to install the patches etc,would i use a 128GB SD card for this and then install games on it afterwards? Or do i need a small 32gb to install the hacks and then plug in another SD card with the games installed?

4.If i use multiple SD cards is it just as easy as downloading games ,installing on SD card then plugging sd card into switch and run?

5.Does Atmosphere run the hacked Switch games?Is there any up to date video tutorials i can use?

Im trying to follow tutorials but getting a little confused on a few things,some are over a year old for instance.
Firstly, if you don't care about getting your Switch banned online that much, you can buy Sx Core Modchip which can hack all Switches, but Team Xecuter's site has the chance to go down.

1) Yes, it's hackable.
2) firmware doesn't matter.
3) 128 gb or even 256 gb is better since you will install emuMMC etc.
4 )It can take some time, you should close the switch, than change sd cards and reopen the switch, inject the payload. And I wouldn't recommend 32 gb micro sd since emuMMC is 30 gb.
5) Follow this guide.

Last edited by GCS,

Bonobhoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you.

Im not into opening up the switch and soldering,so im just looking at injecting the payload like most others via the PC.

When i have installed atmosphere and tinfoil to run my files/games/homebrew do i need to use that small dongle everytime before i start up my switch? I think the dongle is called the RCM injector. I only want to play .xci/.nsp games and emulators offline of course.

So before i purchase the Switch, i need a 256 SD card (to inject payload/hack) and then place my games on this card? An RCM dongle (i assume to start switch in hack mode)?

The dongle threw me off on why i needed it.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thank you.

Im not into opening up the switch and soldering,so im just looking at injecting the payload like most others via the PC.

When i have installed atmosphere and tinfoil to run my files/games/homebrew do i need to use that small dongle everytime before i start up my switch? I think the dongle is called the RCM injector. I only want to play .xci/.nsp games and emulators offline of course.

So before i purchase the Switch, i need a 256 SD card (to inject payload/hack) and then place my games on this card? An RCM dongle (i assume to start switch in hack mode)?

The dongle threw me off on why i needed it.
Yes to both questions(You can use your phone/pc to inject payload too.)(It's recommended to have a large sd but not necessary). You can look at the guide for more detailed information, too.

Last edited by GCS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr