Hacking About to buy a 100$ ps4 2.0 FW, faulty disc drive (cant insert disc) and no controller

riseofdeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Im about to buy an used ps4 with 2.0 firmware, the disc cannot be inserted on the drive, probably a mechanical failure, but who knows. You think is it worth it? Just console, and cables No controller. Being as short of money as i am, but not wanting to miss the boat to the ps4 frenzy scene madness :evil:. Should i get this? Probably, i wont be needing any drive at all, loading anything through usb or others, right! :teach: :yayps3:

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s your gamble to take, I would assume that we will be able to load games from usb. If it’s a mechanical failure you should probably be able to fix the drive anyway.....

Reactions: riseofdeth

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a broken drive motor. (The board is still good/motherboard is good) which would be easy enough to fix. One thing I recommend checking. What happens when you attempt to press the eject button?

Reactions: riseofdeth

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
could be tricky without optical drive ..
didnt read through, but i think you need one to boot game (boot gtav or other donor game) ?

poc : does it recognize external usb blu ray drive ?

btw : anyone interested in a old ps4 1.76 ? (eu only : pm me)

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In emergency case you can always buy games out of the PSN Store

But even if you buy a 2.0 Firmware console, I wouldn’t expect anything “big” anytime soon, even though a 4.05 exploit has been released..

D

Deleted User

Im about to buy an used ps4 with 2.0 firmware, the disc cannot be inserted on the drive, probably a mechanical failure, but who knows. You think is it worth it? Just console, and cables No controller. Being as short of money as i am, but not wanting to miss the boat to the ps4 frenzy scene madness :evil:. Should i get this? Probably, i wont be needing any drive at all, loading anything through usb or others, right! :teach: :yayps3:

no because remember the ps3 needed a disc in drive at first. I'd personally but it and wait and watch...

oh and 4.05 exploit def for realz so you do want this firmware ps4 just you better off getting one in working order in my view better investment

riseofdeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The seller says the disc keeps spinning on the drive's slot, so probably is a mechanical failure. Yes, is quite a gamble, but i know something will eventually come out. Better be prepared on a low fw console! And that will give my time to buy a controller and other stuff. Thanks for your replies.

patachitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
make sure its updateable beacus one guy on ebay also have a similar item but console throws error when updating the firmware

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why dont you test it ? Thats your safe bet. That's why I recommend you to test it before you buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1