• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

About the Texas massacre and easy access to guns.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Testosterone is linked to traits that would contribute to the police disobeying order/protocol as well as overcoming their fear to confront the shooter.
it also linked to aggression and sexual desire what, they'd gangbang assailants now?

So apparently if we ban abortion then they'll just do it illegally, but if we ban guns, everyone will instantly stop, turn in their guns, and not do anything illegal?
most illegal guns start circulating as legal ones.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
it also linked to aggression and sexual desire what, they'd gangbang assailants now?
If it is evolutionary benefitial and more high T persons are around in the future, it has potential to work in the long run.

Try stopping a mass shooter without aggression.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most illegal guns start circulating as legal ones.
then what would you do once guns are illegal?

Go to every house that is listed as owning a gun and force them to give up their guns with deadly force?

The point is people can literally just get illegal guns easily, just like abortion, it will never disappear, it'll just go to the back alleys.

Reactions: Creamu

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
then what would you do once guns are illegal?

Go to every house that is listed as owning a gun and force them to give up their guns with deadly force?

The point is people can literally just get illegal guns easily, just like abortion, it will never disappear, it'll just go to the back alleys.
Yes yes and this is all very pretty and all except that gun control works everywhere. Only one place has stubbornly refused to implement it. The US.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In sweden you have attacks on civil housing with fully automatic machine guns and grenades.
For real or this is more of your conspiracy theorism talking? Because a quick google shows 0 results for incidents that should be front page of any newspaper.

7yv0ziqyba291.png

Reactions: Xzi

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes yes and this is all very pretty and all except that gun control works everywhere. Only one place has stubbornly refused to implement it. The US.
Alright, time to kill all the women attempting to abort with deadly force.

Clearly we'll be able to control abortions with shooting them all, and they will all disappear. No, they won't go into illegal areas to do so, are you fucking crazy? It will be all hunky dory and no one will abort again!

Seriously this argument is stupid, of course women will abort in the back alleys, just like how criminals will buy guns from the back alleys. Being able to buy guns legally helps lead to those criminals since there's records of them, making guns illegal just makes it harder to track criminals since hey, there's no gun record!

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Read up on the definition of conspiracy and theory. You will find out that these are words that have actual meaning.

There you go
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden
Stopped in 2018 dude, we're in 2022, and these are episodes from organised crime.

And I know what I said, like when you were talking nonsense about "Jews and Gay Flags rising throughout the world".

Seriously this argument is stupid, of course women will abort in the back alleys, just like how criminals will buy guns from the back alleys. Being able to buy guns legally helps lead to those criminals since there's records of them, making guns illegal just makes it harder to track criminals since hey, there's no gun record!
The argument is stupid because, just like you said about Eisenhower, these are different things. More guns can't fix gun issues, end of. I appreciate your feelings are hurt, but that's what it is. Clearly, you are a pro-birth who couldn't care less about kids once they're delivered from the wound, and in fact would rather see them dead 10 years later than accept US society has an issue.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The argument is stupid because, just like you said about Eisenhower, these are different things. More guns can't fix gun issues, end of. I appreciate your feelings are hurt, but that's what it is. Clearly, you are a pro-birth who couldn't care less about kids once they're delivered from the wound, and in fact would rather see them dead 10 years later than accept US society has an issue.
Irony is I wasn't comparing abortion and guns itself, I was comparing how making them illegal won't make them go away, especially for guns.

But do go off and assume my feelings I guess.

look, I'll be completely honest.

the moment they come for my guns, is the moment I lost them in a boating accident.

Sorry coppers, they're gone, what are you really going to do about it? I lost them and the law that would get me in trouble for it (you have to report lost firearms within 48 hours, I'll say i lost them 15 years ago, since statue of limitations) is past the statue of limitations, so you cannot arrest me for it.

what they don't know is that I'm lying, something the democrats know well! they'll never take my fucking guns, no matter how hard they try since that'd literally be breaking the constitution. My freedoms are protected, and other than breaking an unjust law, no one was hurt!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New Zealand did a buy back of assault weapons.

Once you make guns illegal & prosecute people severely for having illegal guns then gun crime reduces considerably.

While gangs/mafia etc might be able to get a gun, they won't use it unless necessary because of drawing attention to themselves.

Idiot 18 year olds are unlikely to have underworld contacts that can buy guns.

"Good guy with a gun" clearly doesn't work. No background checks clearly doesn't work.

Yet the gun lobby are able to use their wealth to keep children being killed.

Reactions: zxr750j

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
look, I'll be completely honest.

the moment they come for my guns, is the moment I lost them in a boating accident.

Sorry coppers, they're gone, what are you really going to do about it? I lost them and the law that would get me in trouble for it (you have to report lost firearms within 48 hours, I'll say i lost them 15 years ago, since statue of limitations) is past the statue of limitations, so you cannot arrest me for it.

what they don't know is that I'm lying, something the democrats know well! they'll never take my fucking guns, no matter how hard they try since that'd literally be breaking the constitution. My freedoms are protected, and other than breaking an unjust law, no one was hurt!
The Chad 2nd amendment gun owner vs the ****** gun grabber

"Cops are bad & killers". Same exact person: "Only cops should have guns."

New Zealand did a buy back of assault weapons.

Once you make guns illegal & prosecute people severely for having illegal guns then gun crime reduces considerably.

While gangs/mafia etc might be able to get a gun, they won't use it unless necessary because of drawing attention to themselves.

Idiot 18 year olds are unlikely to have underworld contacts that can buy guns.
Was it NZ or Australia where some man was building functioning guns out of old bits of scrap metal and then handing them in for like $1000 each in that buy back program exploiting it?

Legend!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In sweden you have attacks on civil housing with fully automatic machine guns and grenades.

Grenades seems to have been a legal loophole that was exploited by organised criminals

https://www.euronews.com/2018/04/10/sweden-has-a-problem-with-hand-grenades-and-here-s-why

Was it NZ or Australia where some man was building functioning guns out of old bits of scrap metal and then handing them in for like $1000 each in that buy back program exploiting it?

Legend!
I didn't hear about that and can't verify it.

Australia had a buy back scheme too

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...al-post-isnt-correct-australias-gun-laws-vio/

The post inaccurately says that one year after the buyback, homicides went up 6.2%, assaults went up 9.6% and armed robberies went up 44%. It also says that, in the state of Victoria, homicides with firearms increased 300%.

What really happened is homicides declined about 9% to 333 in 1998 compared with a year prior, according to the Australian Institute of Criminology.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics reported that armed robberies increased by 20% (not 44%), but the number involving firearms decreased to a six-year low of 19%.

What I don't understand is that we know getting rid of guns actually improves your chance of survival, yet the US can't even introduce back ground checks (even though the majority of people are in favor of them)

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For real or this is more of your conspiracy theorism talking? Because a quick google shows 0 results for incidents that should be front page of any newspaper.

7yv0ziqyba291.png
How does The Onion relate to Bart being shamefully singled out? Couldn't you have just posted one of the Onion's articles directly? What's the intended effect of slapping the Onion on a Simpson's meme template?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll say i lost them 15 years ago, since statue of limitations) is past the statue of limitations, so you cannot arrest me for it.

I think you mean statute of limitations.

I don't think they are so dumb to believe your lies. Instead, a search warrant would be issued and your property torn down looking for them.

Constitution is just something written by people, it can be changed. I guess if they introduce mental health checks, then by your posts you really ought to not be allowed guns.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you mean statute of limitations.

I don't think they are so dumb to believe your lies. Instead, a search warrant would be issued and your property torn down looking for them.

Constitution is just something written by people, it can be changed. I guess if they introduce mental health checks, then by your posts you really ought to not be allowed guns.
you do realize there's an outside storage I could use as well, right? It's not like I'm going to be as stupid as to keep them in places where they're allowed to search.

Also nice, uhh, what do the liberals say again? Oh yeah, mental health-ism. You are being mean towards people with minor mental health defects, therefore you are mental health-ist. (Just like racism and being racist except with people with minor mental health defects.)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
drugs are illegal, I guess theres no drug addicts huh?
Nobody said that making something illegal will get rid of it entirely.

But some places have legalized marijuana, certainly there is more marijuana available in those places than before.

If having something legalized made no difference, then why would people fight for drugs to be legalized?

If getting rid of guns cuts the killings by 99%, then why wouldn't you get rid of guns?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
"Good guy with a gun" clearly doesn't work.
This is really dishonest to say. What because nobody showed up to stop this latest particular killing at the school this time theres no good guys with guns? You do know that these people that want to massacre people literally choose areas to attack that they know specifically there will be little to no chance there will have anyone with a gun to stop them?

On average yearly after you remove suicides and accidental death theres about 15,000 firearm homicides in america.
about 4000-5000 of those on average are self defence. So anyone defending their lives or the loved ones lives with lethal force from immediate threat of death are literally "good guys with guns". Also theres about 1,000 lethal use of force by cops every year and 99.9% of those are completely justified so again, more good guys with guns.

About 5k-8k on average which is about 35%-40% of gun deaths are good guys with guns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: