Hacking about the R4i flashcards!?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey guys i was just going to ask how exactly do you have to update these flashcards to make them work on your latest 3DS firmware?! well like i read in some places that you have to update your flashcard bfor using it :wtf: and my question is what if ur 3DS is on latest FW do you just have to update your fashcard ? i heard itll become useless if you use it on a 3DS which the flashcard cant cope with its FW. do you update by launching the flashcard in the 3ds? and what is it that u must absoultely not do .to not make the flashcard defect?*and i didnt understand the thing where they say do not update your system before updating your flashcard what does that mean sorry im to noob* thanks in advance.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If a flashcard is blocked by a 3DS firmware update, you can't update it on this 3DS any more. You can't damage your flashcard with that (so far), but you also cannot use it in any form any more.
So if you don't have a DS or DSi (to make the update on them) you will have to buy a pre-patched flashcard and every time when a new update is released you will have to check if it blocks flashcards (most of them do) and wait with updating until there is a new firmware for your flashcard. Then you'll have to update the flalshcard and THEN update the 3DS, not the other way around.
If you have an old DS or DSi you want to keep you could save yourself some headache.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
@Gabelvampir hallo was geht !*frage um die R4i Karte* ich kann etwas deutsch, will das dus halt schnell liest bin nur etwas kuriouss sorry for my bad german ! XD anyway bro *now english* lets say i have 2 3ds's one XL and the OG i keep original always to the system i have now its 5.1*so i can update the flashcard using this OG 3ds!* and lets say i update my XL , and i am currently using the R4i on my OG 3ds and i want to play it on my XL BUT since i updated its FW i need to update the R4i using the og right !? c: and after that i can just simply plug the flashcard in the XL and run it all good yah?

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you plan to buy the R4 flashcart, just buy the r4i gold 3ds card, http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html and also remember to buy a pre flashed one which means can work on your latest 3ds firmware out of box, so you don't need to update it. And if you have bought the card and you have updated your 3ds console but didn't update your card, then you need to get a DS lite or non updated dsi/3ds console to do the update, you can not use a updated 3ds to do the update. And when the next 3ds new firmware comes out, do not update your 3ds console instantly, you should update your r4 flashcart before you update the 3ds console, which means do not update your system before updating your flashcard. Anyway, if you haven't bought the flashcart, just buy a pre flashed flashcart will be fine.
i have this flashcard. i guess its good, but it sucks that i cant play pokemon black 2. SDHC seems to be promising with most games.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Gabelvampir hallo was geht !*frage um die R4i Karte* ich kann etwas deutsch, will das dus halt schnell liest bin nur etwas kuriouss sorry for my bad german ! XD anyway bro *now english* lets say i have 2 3ds's one XL and the OG i keep original always to the system i have now its 5.1*so i can update the flashcard using this OG 3ds!* and lets say i update my XL , and i am currently using the R4i on my OG 3ds and i want to play it on my XL BUT since i updated its FW i need to update the R4i using the og right !? c: and after that i can just simply plug the flashcard in the XL and run it all good yah?
Hallo, keine Sorge ich hab schon schlimmeres deutsch gesehen.
You are right, if you have 2 3DS (XL) and you have one with older firmware that can still run your flashcard, you can update it on that 3DS, so you can use it on your 3DS with newer firmware again. You just to have to take care not to update both 3DS to a firmware of which you don't know if it can still use your flashcard.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have this flashcard. i guess its good, but it sucks that i cant play pokemon black 2. SDHC seems to be promising with most games.

You might have to re-format your MicroSD card (set the sector size > 8K) since "the Poke Monster W/B" game size is too large to run...

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hallo, keine Sorge ich hab schon schlimmeres deutsch gesehen.
You are right, if you have 2 3DS (XL) and you have one with older firmware that can still run your flashcard, you can update it on that 3DS, so you can use it on your 3DS with newer firmware again. You just to have to take care not to update both 3DS to a firmware of which you don't know if it can still use your flashcard.
vielen dank kumpel.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
well bro, my 3ds is on FW 5.1.... and yes i tried the v5.05 , but i have this for example 4.5_1.45fwUpdate_V5.06.nds it says v5.06 but read the first letters 4.5 ?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
anyway i just now downloaded the latest version for the flashcard i own, its 5.1 update for my 5.1 system.. i guess i have to use a nds to update the kernel *sigh*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes