About the GC controller "reset......"

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RisnDevil, May 7, 2010.

May 7, 2010
  1. RisnDevil
    OP

Newcomer RisnDevil Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, tried looking/reading here for answers, but was unsuccessful.

I (now) have two Wiis. The first one I hacked, I did not install Priiloader or BootMii or anything (yes, stupid, lets move past it). That Wii bricked (bannerbombed/bricked to be exact). I installed a bunch of banners/channels for backups I had through Wad Manager and then/now I get the health screen, but the system menu won't load after timing out or pressing A.

So...

I plugged the GC controller into port 4 and pushed all four directions at once (U,D,L,R) while booting and got a new screen that simply said "4.2(USA)" in the bottom right corner. I did this with a legit, retail copy of NSMBWii in the drive. Then the screen stays black, as long as I let it. What is supposed to happen when I do this restore? I have tried pushing "reset:" nothing happens. Total power off and turn back on and the old problem persists (no loading system menu). Do I need to wait for SMG2 and hope that it (or something else) has 4.3 on it then do this again?

Long story short, besides the problem being fixed if/when I restart the Wii, is there some way during this black screen time that I can/will know the fix/reset is working?

Thanks in advance for any help.

RisnDevil

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You do realize that you have to do the restore with a disc with a higher system menu than what's on your Wii, right? NSMb has 4.1

3. RisnDevil
    OP

United States
    I appreciate the fast reply, and not to "sound" ungrateful, but I would like to say that you came off as a little condescending there. I did know that you need a higher menu (though I thought/think/hope that the same system menu, ie for me 4.2) and I just thought that was on NSMBWii.

Thanks for the reply though...now off to try and get my hands on Endless Ocean 2.....

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    bannerbomb is a good thing. not a bad thing. bannerbomb is not the same as banner bricked.

5. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
  6. RisnDevil
    OP

United States
    Rather than start a new thread, I am resurrecting this one with an update if you will, and request for more options.

So my banner bricked Wii was on System Menu 4.2U. Now that Other M is out, I put it in and attempted SaveMiiFrii. Got the 4.2U to show up the first time, put the disc in, reset the Wii, and got it to pop up 4.3U. Attempted to push A (on Wiimote and GC control) though that did nothing. Let it sit at that screen for a while, then reset the Wii. Health warning popped up (like it did before) push A and it hangs on a black screen (like it did before). Take out the game, and enter SaveMiiFrii, and it says 4.3U.

So....

I clearly WAS able to update the system menu, but that did not solve the problem. Are there any other (non-hardware) options left to me? I really don't want to buy a modchip just to make this Wii work again, but I appear to be out of options. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

RisnDevil

7. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    because you did absolutely nothing to delete the bad channel. it is still there. and it is still causing the system menu to crash. until you delete that channel, your system menu wont load