Hardware About the CFW Online Compability (Uses of Online Game Experience, E-shop, etc.)

Uzuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys! Sorry if I put this thread in the forum sections and in the 3ds - console, accesories, and hardware. I don't know why, I can't find the supposed "Ask a question!" Button in the ASK! pages. FYI I'm new to this website, and as I am new too in the Nintendo 3ds console games. So let's cut to the chase. I've been thinking of buying a Nintendo New 2DS XL for quite a while now. Originally I'm just going to buy it with a OFW but after googling for quite some time, it said that using CFW allows online gaming experience too ( Idk about the E-shop usage though since I'm still unsure about it. ). So I'm thinking what should I do ? Some local sellers in my region is selling a new 2ds xl with cfw luma 8.1 vers 11.5. I'm not sure what that means either ( Still don't understand about how the CFW works in 3ds ) the description said it is CFW Permanent. So any enlightment on it ?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Sorry if I put this thread in the forum sections and in the 3ds - console, accesories, and hardware. I don't know why, I can't find the supposed "Ask a question!" Button in the ASK! pages. FYI I'm new to this website, and as I am new too in the Nintendo 3ds console games. So let's cut to the chase. I've been thinking of buying a Nintendo New 2DS XL for quite a while now. Originally I'm just going to buy it with a OFW but after googling for quite some time, it said that using CFW allows online gaming experience too ( Idk about the E-shop usage though since I'm still unsure about it. ). So I'm thinking what should I do ? Some local sellers in my region is selling a new 2ds xl with cfw luma 8.1 vers 11.5. I'm not sure what that means either ( Still don't understand about how the CFW works in 3ds ) the description said it is CFW Permanent. So any enlightment on it ?
you can still play online and access eshop though eshop access requires updating to the latest firmware which is fine to do if you have cfw and its really up to you if you want to by a console with cfw already or do it yourself if you do it yourself you will most likely need to buy a 20$ flashcart to mod the console and an sd card to store games on though

Uzuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
you can still play online and access eshop though eshop access requires updating to the latest firmware which is fine to do if you have cfw and its really up to you if you want to by a console with cfw already or do it yourself if you do it yourself you will most likely need to buy a 20$ flashcart to mod the console and an sd card to store games on though
Yeah about the seller that I mentioned it already has a 32 GB SD card with it, so should I go CFW or OFW ? I just wanted the access of playing game online and the ability to be able to access the eshop anyway ( cause I dont really want that all my games are pirated ).

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah about the seller that I mentioned it already has a 32 GB SD card with it, so should I go CFW or OFW ? I just wanted the access of playing game online and the ability to be able to access the eshop anyway ( cause I dont really want that all my games are pirated ).
i mean how much are you paying for it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if they want more than 190$ that I can ensure you that you could do it cheaper by yourself

Uzuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ah yeah ! The seller said that I could request the games that I want to fill up in the SD before buying it since it's using a CFW. So about that could that means that I can already play .cia games with it ? without any setups to do ? and it cost about 175.75$ (Already included all the taxes, 2.375.000 Rupiah in my country's currency.). In my country the average prices for the new 2ds xl is about 2.375.000 rupiah - 2.800.000 rupiah ( 175.75$ - 207.2$ ) so it's fair.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yeah ! The seller said that I could request the games that I want to fill up in the SD before buying it since it's using a CFW. So about that could that means that I can already play .cia games with it ? without any setups to do ? and it cost about 175.75$ (Already included all the taxes, 2.375.000 Rupiah in my country's currency.). In my country the average prices for the new 2ds xl is about 2.375.000 rupiah - 2.800.000 rupiah ( 175.75$ - 207.2$ ) so it's fair.
you dont have to have them install games for you because you can do that by yourself with ease

Uzuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
you dont have to have them install games for you because you can do that by yourself with ease
Yeah that's why I'm asking since they can do it, does that mean I can install and play .cia files from the internet without further setups anymore ?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's why I'm asking since they can do it, does that mean I can install and play .cia files from the internet without further setups anymore ?
all you would have to do is either download the game from free shop on the console itself no computer needed or just download them from the internet somewhere and put them in a folder called cias on the root of your sd

Uzuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
all you would have to do is either download the game from free shop on the console itself no computer needed or just download them from the internet somewhere and put them in a folder called cias on the root of your sd
I see, thanks for clearing that up! Have ordered it, now it's the waiting game. Pretty excited about it!^_^

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if the console with cfw is a little expensive, you can just buy a brand new one and install it yourself, it's very easy with NTRboothax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr