OP
Trophies
Website
letraduzionidirulesless.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Italy
31.rgba16.jpg

Real size (smallest ones are textures of the collection)

The point is that a corporation that dares to sell three old games at full price (to not mention the "sell-by date") does a very poor "professional" job compared to that of a group of fans.

If you don’t see the "SLIGHTLY" difference, I don’t know what to tell you.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The first picture you posted is to small to see the difference. It's not clickable therefore not possible to see the difference.

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are looking for the definitive version of Mario 64, it's on PC. 4k, 60fps, native widescreen, a variety of excellent texture packs, and best of all, model replacement. You can play through Mario 64 with the Mario model from Odyssey, and it feels like a completely new modern game with all those enhancements in place.

Reactions: skinnyBIGGS

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why this is such a surprise. Obviously, the textures from this modpack and Nintendo's official SM3DAS are gonna look similar. They're both attempting to be up-res'd versions of the original game's textures/"vision". No surprise here.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you are looking for the definitive version of Mario 64, it's on PC. 4k, 60fps, native widescreen, a variety of excellent texture packs, and best of all, model replacement. You can play through Mario 64 with the Mario model from Odyssey, and it feels like a completely new modern game with all those enhancements in place.
Eh. It really doesn't. The level design of Mario 64 is dated, it hasn't aged well, all the graphical upgrades in the world aren't going to change that.
Mario 64 is still a good game, but it was the early days of 3D platformers and it showed. The formula didn't get perfected until Rare released Banjo-Kazooie.

Rulesless

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
I know the scene, but that’s not what I’m referring to.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Edit - Hahaha, was "boo hoo": thought in English and wrote in Italian 🤦‍♂️
Ah, that makes sense. TIL that Italians write "gne gne" instead of "boo hoo". Brazilians write "nhé nhé".

Anyway, Super Mario 64 was the first ever 3D game I played when I was a kid, so I have bright pink nostalgia goggles on whenever it's brought up, but I suspect that if I were impartial, I'd agree with @The Real Jdbye that the game doesn't live up to today's standards in many ways (like the awful camera control that practically every N64 game had), but visually there's not much to say about it. HD textures are neat, but like I said, the low poly count is still going to be staring you in the face regardless. Best to just enjoy the game and not expect it to look like the newest entry in the Crysis franchise.

Last edited by Gep_Etto,

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 298477
Real size (smallest ones are textures of the collection)

The point is that a corporation that dares to sell three old games at full price (to not mention the "sell-by date") does a very poor "professional" job compared to that of a group of fans.

If you don’t see the "SLIGHTLY" difference, I don’t know what to tell you.
But what are you trying to accomplish by pointing this out? We've all known this for forever.

Rulesless

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
How did you import textures to Hovercraft in SM3DAS?
Extract NSP->Extract NCA->Extract CPIO->If everything is not already compressed enough, extract RPT->Display decompressed RPT (e.g. with Texture64)->Extract PNGs->Edit PNGs>Reinsert new image into the RPT->Compress RPT ->Compress CPIO with new modded RPTs->Create LayeredFS structure.

Reactions: iiTzSamurai

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Extract NSP->Extract NCA->Extract CPIO->If everything is not already compressed enough, extract RPT->Display decompressed RPT (e.g. with Texture64)->Extract PNGs->Edit PNGs>Reinsert new image into the RPT->Compress RPT ->Compress CPIO with new modded RPTs->Create LayeredFS structure.
so how did you compress rpt again? I thank you for the info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)