OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anybody can explain me why Slot-2 can be run in both GBA and NDS modes?
And why isn't it possible to use Slot 1 to run GBA games, it is impossible to run Slot 1 in GBA mode or is there any other limitation?
Thanks.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
SLOT-2 can be run in DS mode only by fooling the DS into thinking it's running from SLOT-1, either through the use of a PassMe (a workaround device inserted in SLOT-1) or modified firmware. The same can't be done in reverse because a) nobody ever bothered to do it and b) SLOT-1's read speed is much lower than SLOT-2's, so running GBA content from SLOT-1 would be exceedingly slow.

Dizzy Doom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Moved to appropriate section....

This is for the NDS hardware and additions, not flashing hardware (such as flashcarts)!
I though slots were a part of the ds (else where would you put your games in!), but maybe the question was at the wrong section after all. I'm sorry.

Oh, and Vague Rant, thank you for making it clear for me, I didn't know why slot-1 was slower (DS games are supposed to be next-gen o.o)

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
SLOT-2 can be run in DS mode only by fooling the DS into thinking it's running from SLOT-1, either through the use of a PassMe (a workaround device inserted in SLOT-1) or modified firmware. The same can't be done in reverse because a) nobody ever bothered to do it and b) SLOT-1's read speed is much lower than SLOT-2's, so running GBA content from SLOT-1 would be exceedingly slow.
well is acctualy because when the DS goes into GBA mode to run GBA code slot one cant be read from but the DS code Due to its link capability can read from both slots. who ever told you it was read speed that would be backward as hell if slot 2( which the biggest games for GBA are 32MB) was faster than slot 1 which has 256MB games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: